54th Madness

***

New.

I tightly held on Tay's neck for support as he swiftly dipped me down.

On my other hand was a bouquet of roses and I had this sudden urge to cover my face with it as I could feel my cheeks burning with the way Tay was staring at me.

"Are you okay?" I asked mindlessly. "I'm quite heavy."

He just grinned at me before pulling me back into a standing position.

"You're as light as paper. Are you even eating?"

"Hey, of course I am."

"Okay, our last pose would be one of you kissing the other on the cheek."

I immediately snapped my neck to look at Tay who was obviously enjoying what was happening.

"Aren't couples supposed to kiss on the lips?"

I shot Tay a dangerous glare as he once again insinuated a ridiculous idea. If it weren't for our department head, I wouldn't even do this in the first place.

"Well, it's up to you, Sir."

I stared wide eyed at Tay as he nodded at the photographer and stared back at me. On his lips was a wide grin and I could sense that he was plotting something in his mind.

"W-what?" I asked nervously, my voice slightly shaking as I lifted my chin up to show him that I wasn't afraid, but hell I was.

"Just do anything ridiculous Tay and you'll say goodbye to your weenie down there," I threatened as I pointed his crotch.

"Hey, relax. I'm just kidding. I won't do anything you won't like, okay. Come here."

He then spread his arms to signal me to come closer but I remain rooted on my place.

"Again, I promise, I won't do anything you won't like," he reassured before giving me a sincere smile.

But despite the reassurance he gave, I still remained still.

"Tss. Why am I the one to come to you then, huh? Shouldn't it be you??" I countered before pointing a finger at him.

But even before I could retract my hand, he swiftly held it and grabbed me into a hug, completely taking me by surprise.

"I love you," he whispered before placing a soft kiss on my forehead. "I really do."

***

"Ugh! Seriously? Of all days??" I grumbled as I kicked the front wheel of my car.

"Shit."

I immediately fumbled for my phone in my bag to call Kav for help.

"Hello, Ka—"

"Love, is anything wrong?" A voice came out of nowhere.

I flinched when Tay gave my shoulder a gentle squeeze. "Are you heading to the office?"

"Uh, I'm sorry, Kav. I dialled your number accidentally. I'll see you at the office."