Chapter 45

There was this pounding at my door after I was finished with my quick shower, and it sounded like he was trying to break down my door.

I rolled my eyes and scowled while I tried to ignore him so that I could get ready. I picked up the outfit and tossed them into the closet before I stormed over to the bedroom door with a towel over my head and one wrapped around my body.

Annoyance filled my body, and I wrenched open the door where Levi was paused midswing. "Do you mind?" I all but snapped, and his eyes grew wide and were filled with shock because he didn't expect me to open the door, especially in a towel. I folded my arms across my chest and scowled, not even fazed about being in front of him in just a towel and still dripping wet. "I was taking a shower, Alpha. There is no need to be rude."

Levi opened his mouth and blinked before he blinked again. Shock and lust filled his eyes while he looked me up and down, and I could tell that he hadn't expected to see me in a towel so soon. "Uh..." he said, and his gaze landed on my breasts.

I scoffed and rolled my eyes while I scowled. "Oh, no," I said sarcastically and snapped my fingers underneath his nose, and his gaze instantly went up to meet my eyes while his cheeks turned slightly red. "The Alpha is broken. Whatever should we do?"

The Alpha scowled and narrowed his eyes while he looked at me. His face turned redder than it had in the past, and I had a feeling that he was feeling a bit bashful because he had seen me in a "compromising" situation, even though I did not care. "Move," he said, his voice hard and holding a warning that told me I should obey.

However, I didn't and leaned against the doorframe, not even fazed about being in a towel in front of him because I had done something similar but with a different male. "Hmmmm." I tapped my chin while I "thought" about his command. "No," I said and shook my head while I put my hand on my hip, "I don't think so."

Levi growled murderously and shoved me back a step with such force that I took a step back into my room, not expecting him to do that. "Goddess, damn it, Alexandra," he snapped. "For once in your precious little life, why can't you do what I tell you to do?" He slammed the door shut with a loud bang and glared.

I quickly recovered and glared at him while I placed both hands in my hips and jutted one out. "One, because you didn't ask nicely, dumbass," I said. "And two, you're not even supposed to be in here. DIdn't I tell my grandmother not to let you in?" I raised an eyebrow and scowled, letting him see the dissatisfaction I felt for being pushed around like a ragdoll.

Levi opened his mouth to say something before he closed it. He shifted on his feet and cleared his throat while he didn't look at me. He didn't say a word, and I had a feeling that he shoved past her too.

"Oh, for the love of Goddess," I snapped, and my scowl deepened. I narrowed my eyes, and my anger slowly started to boil over while I stared at him. "Do not tell me that you ran over my grandmother to get here."

Levi opened his mouth again and shifted on his feet some more. He hung his head in shame, and I growled, murderously, protective of my grandmother because she was the only family I had left.

'Grams?' I asked, my voice showing my anger. I took a step towards him and glared, and he stayed in his spot and didn't try to move or calm me down. "Well?" I asked and all but snapped at him, and he flinched.

'I'm fine," my grandmother said soothingly, and I relaxed a little. 'Do not scare the poor boy, Alexandra May,' she scowled. 'I moved out of his way as soon as he came towards me. He didn't hurt me at all.' She became annoyed with him. 'He didn't give me a hug like he was supposed to, but that is it. There was no physical harm that happened to me.'