Chapter 50

A/N: I know that I am late. I do apologize, but I hope you enjoy.

~Rissa

________________________________________________________________________________

I took the cup in my hands, and Levi followed suit. I didn't take a sip of the tea and rubbed the ceramic cup, waiting to see if Levi would take the first sip.

Sure enough, Levi took the first sip, and the bond between the cups had me taking a sip too.

Horus leaned back in his seat and slowly nodded. A relieved smile appeared on his face, and my mate frowned because he did not know why Horus was smiling and looking so pleased.

"What?" Levi asked with a warning tone in his voice. "What is it?"

"It seems to me that Hwei-ru was right," he said and nodded, pleased. "You two are connected." He glanced at Levi before he looked at me.

Levi furrowed his brows and cocked his head. Confusion was written on his face, and I know that it was because Horus had called my grandmother by her birth name and not by her "nickname." "Who?" he asked, letting the confusion filter in his voice.

I rolled my eyes and scowled, not knowing why Horus called her by her birth name when almost everyone called her either Grams or Ruby. "You know her as Ruby, Alpha," I said. I shrugged and took a sip of my drink, and Levi took a sip in turn. "He's talking about Grams."

Levi frowned and cocked his head while he studied me. "But I thought that her name was Ruby," he said. "I mean, that was what everyone calls her."

I shook my head, no. "My great-grandmother and that side of the family called her Hwei-ru. She got that nickname from my grandfather, and then it went on from there."

Levi slowly nodded and furrowed his brows. "Where is your grandfather?" he asked while he looked at me. He hesitated and cleared his throat while he shifted in his seat. "He's been wondering about it..." he said hesitantly, "but he didn't want to ask..."

"Dead, I think," I said and shifted while I grimaced. I took a sip of my drink, and Levi followed suit. "I don't know much, but I think that he is dead."

Horus didn't say a word and shifted in his seat, and I caught it from the corner of my eye and instantly turned to look at him. He raised an eyebrow when he felt me looking at him and kept calm. "Yes?" he asked, and I scowled and narrowed my eyes. "What is it?"

"What do you know?" I asked, my voice hard and sharp. "Is my grandfather still alive?"

Horus shrugged. "Why would I know anything about your grandfather?" he asked and raised an eyebrow. "I don't know if he is alive or not."

He was lying; I could tell. However, I had no way to prove that he was lying to me or not, so I decided to let it go.

For now, but I will find out what he was hiding.

Levi was oblivious to the whole thing, and he looked between us, confused. "What... is going on?" he asked, and I shook my head while I looked at him.

"It's nothing," I replied coldly and took a sip of my drink when he opened his mouth to question us further, and he couldn't help but take another sip too.

Levi scowled and narrowed his eyes. He tried to let go of the cup, but he couldn't, and his eyes grew wide in shock and fear while he stared at the cup. "What the fuck?" he asked, and his heart started to pound hard in his chest while he tried to remove his hands from around it again. "Why can't I let go of my cup?"

"Because you two haven't finished your tea," Horus replied and leaned back in his seat. He looked at me and smirked, and I could tell that he was amused that I wasn't freaking out just as bad as he was. "When you finish, then you will be able to release your grip on the cup."