Chapter 14

Nike looked up and scowled, his whole body growing tense. He stuffed the gift in his jacket, not even trying to open it again. "We have company," he said, watching as my hands stiffened around the cup some. "Oh, you already know." He leaned back in his seat and relaxed, keeping his gaze on me. "Please can I open the gift that you had given me?" he asked, pouting. There was a small smirk on his face as he caught sight of my annoyed look. "I want to see what the amazing Alexandra DeLamont had given me."

"No, Nike," I said, rolling at my eyes at my last name. "It is not something that you can open now. Besides, if you open it now, then you will not have a gift for your birthday, from me, to open."

"Does that mean if I do open it, then you will come to my party? It just won't feel right without your glaring presence there standing in a corner, glaring at everyone who comes your way."

"I w-"

"Alexandra, what are you doing here?" Levi asked, interrupting me. His gaze was on me, and I could tell that he wanted me to look at him, but I didn't. "With him?"

"Coffee break," I replied, holding up my cup of coffee. I took another sip, scowling at Nike. "I don't understand why you decided to add another shot of espresso in here," I added, and he shrugged.

"It was that or something else. You are strange to your coffee."

"Having it black and adding two espresso shots isn't that weird. I have no idea why you are saying that it is."

"You are white, Alexandra," Nike said. "A white female. You all are supposed to like "pumpkin spiced" shit like lattes or vanilla lattes. You do not like it. Hell, I don't even know if you like pumpkins."

"Like pumpkin pie?" I asked, and he nodded in confirmation. "No, I do not. Can't stand the smell of them either."

"And why not?" Nike asked, taking a sip of his drink. He stopped when he caught my look and placed the cup down. "Guts?" he asked, and I nodded. "As in actual guts stuffed in something?"

"Yep," I replied, taking a sip of my drink. "And think smashing them as if they were the heads of people."

He pushed his cup away and cleared his throat, pulling his collar. "So... did my brother have to deal with it?"

"Yes," I replied. I glanced at Levi when I saw his mouth open. "It's nothing, don't worry about it. Just know I can not stand the taste of pumpkin."

"And, to answer your question, Levi, because Miss Alexandra over here isn't, I am asking her to go to my birthday party tomorrow. You and your... lovely girlfriend are invited with the community that you both faithfully serve." He eyed his drink, and I could tell that he wanted to drink it.

"Go on and drink it," I said, taking a sip of my drink. "I've just never liked pumpkin, even before that."

"Fuck it," Nike said, taking a sip of his drink. He closed his eyes and licked his lips, and I rolled my eyes and scowled. "Oh, Goddess, this is just so good, Alex. You don't have to be so bitter like your damn coffee."

"Fight me," I replied, and he smirked and raised an eyebrow.

"What will I get in return?" he asked, giving me a wink, and I could have sworn that Levi had growled softly in jealousy. Nike glanced at Levi when he did it, so I knew that I wasn't the only one who had heard it. "I can give you a few ideas..."

"Does Analina know that you are still flirting with women?" I asked, eyeing him suspiciously. "More importantly, to me?"

"Yes," Nike said, nodding his head. "She was the one that had suggested a threesome with you. Maybe a foursome if someone wants to join in."