Chapter 2

Two years later

Levi never came back, and it has been two years since he had left with the promise of him returning. He never made it to the training, so we had no idea what had happened to him.

The pack was still flourishing, much to mine, and the packs' shock and surprise. And, I think that the main reason as to why it was flourishing was because their Wolves accepted me as their Alpha/Luna much to my distaste. They have been trying to get me to say that I was the actual Alpha, but I couldn't. It meant that Levi was actually never coming back when he promised that he would.

'Alpha,' one of the wolves linked me causing me to growl out in annoyance. 'There are two people wanting to cross the border on the South Side. It's... you might just want to come over here, now.'

I was curious as to who the wolf was talking about, but I knew that it was better to see for myself. 'Miguel and I are on our way,' I linked him. I flicked my tail, causing the Gamma to come to my side. 'We are needed at the South Border,' I said.

Miguel nodded his head and followed me towards the border. He was nervous, I could tell. He didn't know what was going to happen, and I knew that both of us hoped that nothing bad would happen.

We couldn't afford one of us dying...

***

He stared at me with emotionless eyes. A sneer of disgust was on his face, causing my heart to drop. His arm was wrapped around a female, causing my heart to drop farther than it had with the look. "Alexandra," he said, his voice deeper and different than my Levi. He looked at the male beside me. "Miguel." Again, he looked at me, his lip flickering up in distaste. "It is so nice to see you again. Do you mind telling your... Pup to stand down?" He glanced at the Warrior before, again, looking at me.

I narrowed my eyes at him, sensing something different about him, something that my grandmother had told me about a long time ago. I flicked my tail in annoyance, not liking this new male. I ran behind a tree and shifted, changing quickly before stepping out. "Stand down, Carver," I said. I glanced at the three Wolves that were watching me. "Keep checking the border. Contact me if there are any problems."

Carver looked at me and then at Levi. Doubt filled his eyes because he didn't want to follow my orders. He didn't know what the old Alpha would do to me, and I knew that he was nervous that Levi would actually hurt me. Carver knew that something was up, and I could tell that he didn't like it one bit. Finally, he nodded his head, giving in to my heated stare. 'Yes, Alpha,' he said, giving me a smug look before bounding away.

I bit back a growl and looked at Levi. My heart skipped a beat as I took in the sight of him and wondered what had happened. I knew that I was falling for him again, and I did not think that I ever stopped loving him. "Levi," I said, nodding my head in greeting. I kept my eyes trained on the Alpha and watched as he hid a flinch. "It's good to see you again."