Chapter 61

The Puppetmaster pressed his lips into a thin line before he opened his mouth when Bryant's phone rang. He bit back an annoyed sigh and looked at Bryant, scowling.

'The Alpha has left the house and called the phone,' Anthony said, and I pressed my lips into a thin line. 'That's why there is a phone call.'

Bryant flinched and cleared his throat before he answered his phone. "What did you find out?" he asked.

"Nothing of interest," Levi said, and I had a feeling that he was lying. "Is the Viper still there? Is she safe?"

I rolled my eyes and scowled. "I'm still here, Alpha," I said with a small purr in my voice and smirked. "What do you think?"

Levi didn't say a word, and the Puppetmaster pressed his lips into a thin line, annoyed. He cleared his throat after he breathed a sigh of relief. "You're safe?" he asked, and I hummed and nodded.

"I am," I confirmed out loud, and he breathed another sigh of relief. "I am safe."

"Good," Levi said, and I bit back a small smirk while I raised an eyebrow.

The Puppetmaster gave me a weird look, and I had a feeling that he didn't understand why Levi cared about me so much, which I didn't understand either. "Now, what do you have to report?" he asked. "What happened at the DeLamont house?"

"Not much," Levi replied. He groaned when the Puppetmaster did something to him. "I am serious," he said. "Alexandra decided to keep her grandmother quiet by warning her too many times."

"Why was that girl there?" Mindy asked. She looked at the Puppetmaster. "Can we kick the two of them out?" she asked. "They are going against y-"

"No," the Puppetmaster said, interrupting her with a shake of his head. He scowled and narrowed his eyes while he stared at her. "We need them there."

I raised an eyebrow and looked slightly impressed. "Why?" I asked, and he looked at me. "Why do you need them there? It seems to me that they are causing problems. Aren't they?" I cocked my head and bit back a small smirk while I studied him.

"You don't need to know," the Puppetmaster said and shook his head with a small scowl on his face, and I raised the eyebrow higher in question. "That is not why we are needing your assistance."

I bit back a scoff and rolled my eyes. "Of course it is," I muttered while I shifted on my feet. "I am going to need information. If I am having to watch over the DeLamont's and have the King breathing down my neck because of this, then I should have information about why they are so "precious" to you."

"Don't keep pushing him," Levi warned. "You could g-" He groaned in pain when the Puppetmaster did something to him.

I shook my head and tsked. "Please," I said with a small scoff. "It'll be hard to injure me or get me killed." I looked at the Puppetmaster and grinned. "It won't be the first time that someone tries to kill me."

"He has friends, Viper," Levi said through gritted teeth, "bad friends that could h-" Again, he groaned in pain while the Puppetmaster did something to stop him from talking.

"Funny because I do too," I said and grinned while I looked at the Puppetmaster. "I wonder if our friends know each other."

The Puppetmaster pressed his lips into a thin line but didn't say a word. Annoyance flickered through his eyes, and I bit back a small smirk while I dipped my head closer to my chest.

"Still, be careful, please," Levi said.

"See? She is Alexandra," Mindy said while I looked at her. She gestured to me and scowled while she narrowed her eyes. "Why else would Levi care about her?"