Chapter 2

Anastasia sat in her room, overhearing the conversation between her parents.

"She's catching on, what do we do?" Her mother asked

"I don't know Jayne, we just need to keep her safe" he replied

'Safe from what?' She thought 'the murderers? It doesn't sound like it'

"What if they're after her? We changed our name but maybe they still want her?"

"Not every person wants her Jayne, your paranoia is getting the better of you" his voice sounded sharp.

'What do they mean they changed our name? Who wants me?'

Anastasia is the first girl in a long line is Salvatores, which means her blood can harness a very large supply of magic to complete powerful spells. When she was a child, many people travelled to her whereabouts to take this, however the spells they needed to complete took the life of her. So despite how much money was offered, Jayne had refused and after many threats, they had emigrated to the north of France.

"Yes but what if they want her?" Jayne insisted

"If they want her Jayne, if the vampires want her? I'd kill her myself" his voice turned cold "I'd rather she die"

The sentence made Anastasia froze in her spot. Her ear gently removing itself from the wall. The sound of a sword unsheathing itself drove Anastasia out into the night. Her feet stepped quickly.

Back in the house, her father stood proudly with his sword "Jayne do you want me to do this? Or not" he asked permission to kill her, an ultimatum or just some sort of scare to shut her up

"No" she shook her head "don't be stupid, I've already had to send one child away, I'm not losing another" she muttered

Oscar knelt down to console her mother "the only reason we sent Henry to live with your brother was to keep him safe, otherwise he would be dead okay?" His voice grew gentle as he caressed Jayne's face

"Okay" she smiled, the moment being ruined by a loud knocking at the door, which Jayne went to get

"Jayne no" Oscar blocked the door with his hand which she immediately pushed away

"If it is a vampire Oscar, they can't come in" she smiled, opening the door to see a man

"Hello ma'am, I'm Jonathan and I'm absolutely parched" he smiled

-
Anastasia kept running deep into the woods. Her breath shortened and she grew tired every step of the way. In the distance she spotted a familiar figure

"Charles" she smiled, exhaling, picking up her dress and running to his location. On the way, screaming was heard from back into the town, which made Anastasia turn around. If those people were after her, they were here and she needed to move fast.

When she turned back around, Charles' figure had gone, followed my another scream, the last one was a woman, this time a man made the noise.

She knew she had to turn back, but she needed to take a different route, so she waded her way through the bushes so she wasn't caught.

She caught her dress on a thorn, causing it to rip and show her bare leg, which had immediately started to bleed with the contact of the next thorn.

"Agh" she whispered quietly to herself, stopping to examine the damage. She placed part of her dress over the wound to wipe away the blood, but more kept coming out.

After this, she contributed running, her throat cold and dry with the inhalation of air and her tears running down her face with the thought of someone behind her.