Chapter 34

Anastasia flickered her eyes, she tried to adjust her sight to the bright lighting, wherever she was. She had no clue on who was with her, but she knew the past events that had lead up to this. Was she dead?

She had meant to move her hand to cover her face and shield it from the light. But something gripped onto it tightly, she felt the person jump as she tried to move.

"Anna" the voice sighed in relief, holding on tightly to her hand.

Anastasia finally opened her eyes properly to see a crowd of people stood by her bedside. She was in the Salvatore's manor.

But who had held her hand so tightly for what she could feel was a millennium. "Elijah" she turned around and smiled as bright as she could.

Elijah had sat with her from the moment Klaus had fed her his blood. He watched the colour return to her face, he was watched he sickly wounds knit themselves together and disappear as if it were nothing.

Anastasia had been out cold, but she could feel his presence around her always. "How?" She asked, she had pulled Elijah to sit on the bed with her, leaning her head on his chest and snuggling up to him.

"Well, it was all thanks to me love" Niklaus' cheeky smile showed itself from the small crowd at the end of her bed.

Anastasia recoiled and squoze Elijah's hand tighter. "Why would you save me? You tried to kill me" she raised her eyebrow

"My brother, seems quite taken with you, and when your brother turned up at my doorstep with the Salvatore's to beg for my blood, I thought it would be perfect to win my brother's forgiveness" he explained

"And you did" Elijah nodded his head in thanks

"Thank you" she looked at Niklaus and then her family

"I did hesitate for a while, would have thought it to be fun to see your family quiver under my rath, but family is important, always and forever" he winked at Elijah.

Just then, one of Elijah's witches entered the room. She smiled at everyone as they split down the middle to let her through.

She placed the purple rock in Elijah's hand, closing it. "Its done" she smiled

Elijah played with the stone before giving it to Anastasia, who smiled brightly at the smooth feel of it.

"It's the anchor for the spell, so don't let it get destroyed or fall into the wrong hands, your ripper is subdued and wolf venom is no longer a danger" she explained

Elijah stood up and nodded to the witch "you can go now, you're free" he had made a deal with a powerful witch that if she gave her power to Elijah's cause he will protect her coven. The witch nodded and turned to the door

"Thank you" she smiled as she was about to leave.

"Should we test if it works?" Damon took a blood bag from his pocket and dangled it in front of Anastasia's nose and mouth.

"I want it" she looked at it and smiled "but not that bad, I can control it" she looked at Elijah

"Have at it then" Damon dropped the bag on her knee and she drank it down to the last drop

"I have never felt in control as much as I have now" she smiled "I can finally be normal"

"Well, as normal as an undead person that drinks blood can be" Damon joked.

Anastasia smiled at all of them, before turning to Elijah and placing a soft but very passionate and meaningful kiss on his gentle and smooth lips. Their foreheads met as the stopped to take a breath and gaze at each other.

At last, Anastasia felt at peace with herself. She had her family, she had her control. And lastly, she had Elijah. The man who would do anything and everything for her to keep her happy, and that was all she needed, just these people that meant so much to her. Her life was finally complete.