Chapter 10

Anastasia sat in the cold cell that her captors held her in. She was afraid, so afraid and heart broken.

He tears had never stopped flowing, silent sobs echoed through the empty rooms. Her arms wrapped around her body to preserve any heat she had left in her body.

By candlelight, she saw something familiar on a desk close by, yet too far away. She crawled up to the bars to see if it was useful to her. It was a key.

Her arms extended to see if the key was close enough, but it was centimetres away from her very touch.

She slumped back down in the corner and huffed. What were they to do to her? Obviously drain her blood.

Footsteps grew louder until Elijah stood by the bars in the dungeon, looking at her shattered soul.

Anastasia caught sight of the man and cautiously stood up, stepping into the corner. As far away as possible

"What do you need me for? Are you going to kill me?" She hissed through her teeth.

Elijah didn't reply, but the silence was the answer she had expected "oh" she whimpered. She believed he would come to save her, not kill her.

"I'm sorry" he apologised, but Anastasia turned around and sat with her back facing him. Silently demanding that he leave.

Elijah sighed, his every essence being torn away because of one vow he made to his brother. He turned and tried to walk away, but walked straight into the desk, causing objects to fall off. This enraged Elijah and he kicked the same desk, and swiped it clean. The contents on the floor.

Anastasia sobbed at the sound of Elijah's temper getting the better of him. She had never known such a side to a man she thought was so sweet.

She turned around, and he was gone.

-

Meanwhile, in the woods Eleanor and Lilian had been searching for ingredients.

"Why do we have to do this again?" Lilian huffed

"The Lord Elijah asked me to retrieve spell ingredients, but do not tell Niklaus" she warned

"I won't, but what spell is this? We don't have the power" Lilian replied

"I don't seem to know the spell, it's from his mothers grimoire; for a potion, I believe can bring people back? I do not know" Eleanor began "and to answer your power question, I have been collecting blood for days now and I have enough for both of us to last us a whole week" she smiled

"And what do we get in return for this potion?" Lilian asked

"He promised us that we won't have to work again, he will bestow upon us objects that will help boost our magic" she smiled

Lilian laughed in return "he's so handsome isn't he?" She dreamed

"Lilian, you're 14, you're too young for a lord, plus he's a vampire and I suppose he's seeing Anastasia" she lectured

"Suppose he is" Lilian spat "he's too good for her, he deserves more"

"I believe she deserved more Lilian, more than a bloodsucking monster" Eleanor retorted

"He's not a bloodsucking monster and we will be together one day" she smiled, looking up at the stars

"If you say so"
-
Anastasia racked her brain to find a way out. She went from trying to squeeze through the bars, to trying to pick the lock with her nails or any dainty object that she could find.

She threw herself back on the floor and started to cry again. There were people upstairs still dancing and laughing. Vulnerable women unaware of the predators that walked among them.