//17 - "Why not?"//

Yeonjun ended up chickening out and is now trying to pep talk himself into talking to his dad today. The party is tomorrow night and although he can still technically ask tomorrow, he wants to get it done and over with.

     Jin and him decide to do it after dinner when his siblings are getting ready for bed that way they're not interrupted.

     Yeonjun sits down on his bed after pacing about his room. He's kind of nervous to go alone and he wishes Soobin would go with him. But his friend has clearly shown his disinterest in tagging along.

     He wants to leave a good impression of himself to Yunhyeong and his group, especially to Ali. She moved from America about two years ago and the moment she stepped inside the school building, she had everyone's attention. A lot of the girls wanted to be her friend due to her effect on the male community, believing that if they associated with her, guys would give them attention too. She's beautiful and the way she carries herself and the way she dresses adds to her appeal.

     It's been said around school that Rowoon and her broke up a week ago so she's very much single now. Maybe he'll finally get a chance. He's got good looks, thanks to his parents, so he has that in his favor. He just needs to woo her and he doesn't care if that means changing up his personality. He just wants to be liked.

     Jin knocks on his door and he tells him to come in.

     "Hey, dinner is ready."

     Yeonjun exhales slowly, nodding and Jin pats his shoulder.

     "It'll be alright. Don't stress too much about it, ok?"
     "Ok."

     They head downstairs together and Yeonjun goes to take a seat while Jin serves everyone. He props his elbow on the table, resting his chin on his palm and just watches his family interact with each other. He can see the fatigue in his father's face but he hides it by being overly animated with his siblings. There's another event coming up and Jungkook has been working a lot more to push out new outfits in time.

     They begin to eat in a comfortable silence, their silverware clinking against the plates. However, Yeonjun just prods at his food, too anxious to eat.

     "Why aren't you eating Yeonjun?" Jungkook asks before taking another bite.

     He shrugs. "Not hungry I guess."

     Jungkook frowns.

     "You need to eat Yeonjun. I'm not letting you go to bed until you do."

     Yeonjun purses his lips for a moment, looking down at the delicious food Jin made. He'd feel bad if he wasted his hard work by not eating it. He takes a quick glance at Jin and it makes it worse, noticing the look of concern on his face.

     In defeat, he stabs a piece of meat and pops it into his mouth.

"Hey dad?" Jisoo speaks up and Jungkook hums in acknowledgment.

"Can I have a phone?"

That's one of the things that amazed Jin the first time. Yeonjun and Changbin are the only ones who have their own phones. When he was Jisoo's age, he already had two phones by then. But if that's how Jungkook wants to raise them, he can't really say anything.

     "Maybe for your birthday."

     "But that's a couple of months away," she whines with a pout. "All my friends have phones so why can't I?"

     Jungkook sets his silverware down. "Why the sudden interest? You were fine with not having one not long ago. Besides, you have a tablet."

     She sighs. "I wasn't, I just kept it to myself. And it's obviously different than a phone. Please dad."