//21 - "Pay attention, dummy"//

Jungkook had come home tired and immediately went to bed after saying goodnight to the kids. It was a good thing because Yeonjun was still not feeling too well, he laid in bed so he was able to pass it off as him being sleepy when his dad came in.

It's now Sunday morning and the house is very quiet with the exception of Jin in the kitchen as he's about to start on breakfast. He's not too sure what he wants to make yet but he'll figure it out. He searches for ideas on Google and he stumbles upon an western style breakfast and it honestly looks really good. After checking if they have the ingredients, he gets to work.

He puts on some music on his phone on low and he scavenges the pantry for some potatoes. He peels and washes them before putting them in a bowl and walks over to the island. He grabs a cutting board and a knife and he starts chopping them up. He sings along softly, gently swaying his hips to beat of the song. He's too busy in his own little world that he doesn't notice Jungkook strolling into the kitchen.

He stops at the doorway and just watches him silently, a soft smile slowly etching its way across his face.

Cute.

He then shakes his head and walks into the room.

"Good morning," he says, startling Jin and he apologizes.

"It's ok, I just wasn't expecting anyone to wake up anytime soon," he continues chopping away.

Jungkook sits on one of the stools and rests his head on his palm, his arm on the island. "What are you making?"

Jin glances up at him and he grabs his phone, pulling up the pictures to show him. Jungkook nods.

"Looks good. You want any help?"

     "Um..." he trails off. "Yea, can you make this?" He shows him the recipe and Jungkook nods.

He gets up to fetch a big plastic bowl and gathers the ingredients.

"So what did you and the kids do while I was gone?"

"Nothing different from what we always do except they wanted to play hide and seek. We played like three times," he answers him as he puts the chopped potatoes into a pot of water. He sets it on the stove and goes back to the island to retrieve the cutting board to wash it. He returns and goes to get the rest of the fruit they have left. He's gonna have to go grocery shopping.

Jungkook hums. "So it's Minho's birthday tomorrow."

He gasps. "Really? I need to go to the store later to buy groceries, I'll get him something then too. What would he like? Wait never mind, he's really into cats right now," he blurts out all at once.

It actually warms Jungkook's heart to see that he cares and knows things about them.

     "Oh are you done?" Jin asks since Jungkook had stopped whisking the mixture.

     "I think so."

     Jin inspects it and gives it the ok. "Ok. Grab the loaf of bread and some butter please."

     He listens and gets the bread from the pantry. He returns and sets it down on the counter, waiting for further instructions as Jin pulls out their small griddle and switches it on.

     "So basically what you have to do is—"

     Jin explains to him the simple process but all Jungkook can concentrate on right now is his lips. He's leaning real close to him since he's showing him the recipe off his phone and he just can't help it. He gulps harshly.