chapter 2

⚠️TW⚠️- abuse

"And smile!" Aunt Petunia says and takes of photo of Dudley. He looks horrendous in his new school uniform "Vernon just look at him. I can't believe it. In just a week, he'll be off to Smeltings"

"Caveat Smeltonia. Proudest moment of my life"

"Will we have to wear that too?" Harry asks, probably worried about the answer.

"What? You? Go to Smeltings?" aunt Petunia asks and Harry nods his head.

Her, uncle and Dudley started laughing.

"Don't be so stupid. You're both going to go to the state school, where you belong. This is what you're going to be wearing when I finish dying it. And Y/N will be wearing some of my old clothes when I dye that"

"But that's Dudley's old uniform. It'll fit me like bits of old elephant skin" Harry protests calmly.

"It'll fit you well enough. Go get the post. Go!" aunty orders, so Harry rushed out of the room to get the post.

Harry, after a moment, comes back in and gave uncle 2 letters, keeping 2 with himself.

"Marge is ill. Ate a funny whelk"

As he was passing me, he gave me one of the letters. It was a coffee-brown colour and had green writing on it.

𝙼𝚒𝚜𝚜 𝙵/𝙽/𝙸. 𝙿𝚘𝚝𝚝𝚎𝚛
𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝙻𝚒𝚟𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚁𝚘𝚘𝚖
4 𝙿𝚛𝚒𝚟𝚎𝚝 𝙳𝚛𝚒𝚟𝚎
𝙻𝚒𝚝𝚝𝚕𝚎 𝚆𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚐𝚒𝚗𝚐
𝚂𝚞𝚛𝚛𝚎𝚢

I turn it over to open it but Dudley grabs mine and Harry's letters, running to uncle.

"Dad, look! Harry and Y/N got letters!"

"Give it back!" I order.

"Hey! Give that back! It's mine!" Harry yells but Dudley, being the pratt he is, doesn't listen.

"Yours? Who'd be writing to you?" uncle asks and turns over the letter, looking at the writing, then the seal on the back. He looked at aunt, then me and Harry.

He ripped the letter and threw it away.

A couple days later, there were 6 more letters, 3 for me and 3 for Harry, I presume. Uncle takes the letters and rips them up.

~~~~~

I hear drilling going on at the front door so I open the door leading to the galley. Uncle Vernon was closing shut the letterbox.

"No more mail through this letterbox" uncle says.

I saw Harry's door open, then a minute later close.

~~~~~

The letters keep on coming. Uncle Vernon is kneeling down on his knees, placing letters in the fire that was going in the fireplace. He sees me and Harry looking, so he smiles at us and lifts a letter up in salute, then burns it.

~~~~~

"Fine day, Sunday" uncle Vernon says. He looked like he didn't sleep but didn't care "In my opinion, best day of the week. Why is that, Dudley?"

"'Cause there's no post on Sundays"

"Right you are, Harry!" Uncle Vernon says and takes a biscuit "No post on Sundays. Ha! No blasted letters today! No, sir! Not 1 single bloody letter! Not 1! No sir, not 1 blasted, miserable-" a letter smacks uncle in the face.

The house starts shaking and there was this loud noise as letters start catapulting out of the chimney and into the house. Dudley was moaning and crying, asking for it to stop while me and Harry start laughing. Harry jumps onto the table and tries grabbing one from the air, but me, having a brain, picked up a letter with my name on it from the floor. Harry makes a run for it but uncle was coming after him.