chapter 92

"She's coming back" Hermione says.

I look at the painting but the girl is far away, and with another person.

"Who's that with her?" Ron asks.

We back up as the painting swings open, Neville standing there. I smile.

"Neville. You look-" Harry started.

"Like hell, I reckon. This is nothing. Seamus is worse. Hey, Alb. We've got a couple more coming through" Neville says to Aberforth.

I run up to him and hug him tightly, getting a chuckle and a tighter hug back from him. We pull away, but stay in each other's embrace, and I peck his cheek, just beaming with happiness.

"Hey, I missed you too. All of you" Neville says, caressing my cheek with his finger sweetly.

We pull back and Neville greets the trio, hugging them all one by one. He then takes my hand and pulls me through the painting, the others following closely behind us.

"Don't remember this on the Marauders Map" Ron says.

"That's because it never existed until now. The 7 secret passages were sealed off before the start of the year. This is the only way in or out now. The grounds are crawling with Death Eaters and dementors" Neville explains.

"How bad is it with Snape as headmaster?" Hermione asks.

"Hardly ever see him. It's the Carrows you need to watch out for" Neville says.

"Carrows?" Harry ask.

"Yeah. Brother and sister. In charge of discipline. They like punishment, the Carrows" Neville says, pointing to the scars on his face.

"They did that to you? Why?" I ask, running my finger along his scars.

"Todays Dark Arts lessons had us practicing the Cruciatus Curse. On first years. I refused. Hogwarts has changed" Neville says.

"No shit!" I exclaim, shaking my head in anger.

Neville turns to me and smiles.

"I definitely missed you most of all" Neville says, making me smirk at Harry, Ron and Hermione.

Neville leads us around the passage, and we get to another painting.

"Let's have a bit of fun, shall we?" Neville asks, then pushes the painting open "Hey, listen up, you lot. Brought you a surprise" Neville calls.

"Not more of Aberforth's cooking, I hope. Be a surprise if we can digest it" I hear Seamus say, so Neville moves to the side, displaying me and the trio.

Everyone starts cheering and clapping, happy to see us, or more specifically, Harry. We get down and greet everyone.

"Okay, okay, stop killing him before You-Know-Who gets the chance. Right then, what's the plan, Harry?" Neville asks, everyone waiting impatiently.

"Okay, there's something we need to find. Something hidden here in the castle. And it may help us defeat You-Know-Who" Harry says.

"Right, what is it?" Neville asks.

"We don't know" I say.

"Where is it?" Neville asks.

"We don't know that either" Harry admits "I realise it's not much to go on"

"That's nothing to go on" Seamus corrects.

"I think it has something to do with Ravenclaw. It'll be small and easily concealed. Any ideas?" I ask.

"Well, there's Rowena Ravenclaw's lost diadem" Luna says.

"Oh, bloody hell here we go" Ron says, making me give him a death glare.