chapter 25

"You were seen. By no less than 7 Muggles" Snape says, holding a Daily Prophet newspaper and showing it to us. He smacks the newspaper onto the table "Do you have any idea how serious this is? You have risked the exposure of our world. Not to mention the damage you inflicted on a Whomping Willow that's been on these grounds since before you were born"

"Honestly, professor Snape, I think it did more damage to us" Ron says.

I hear footsteps and it sounds like Dumbledore and McGonagall, but I don't really care right now.

"Silence!" Snape yells "I assure you, that were you in Slytherin and your fate rested in me, the both of you would be on the train home. Tonight. As it is-"

"They are not" Dumbledore says and the 4 of us turn to him.

"Professor Dumbledore. Professor McGonagall" Harry says, McGonagall giving him a look.

"Headmaster..." Snape points to me, Harry and Ron "These children have flouted the decree for the Restriction of Underaged Wizardry. As such-"

"I am well aware of our bylaws Severus. Having written quite a few of them myself. However, as head of Gryffindor house, it is for professor McGonagall to determine the appropriate action"

"Professor McGonagall, if I may?" I ask and she nods her head lightly "I was the one to came up with the idea to come here by car, but I didn't know how to drive. I had almost forced Ron and Harry to come with me and for Ron to drive. It was my fault all of this happened. They suggested that we go wait by the car but I didn't listen, and that was very foolish of me" I say, looking at McGonagall with almost pleading eyes.

"We'll go and get our stuff then" Ron says, looking down.

"What are you talking about, Mr Weasley?" McGonagall asks.

"You're going to expell us, aren't you?" Ron asks.

"Not today, Mr Weasley. But I must impress on both of you the seriousness of what you have done. I will be writing to your families tonight and you will both receive detention" McGonagall says and I sigh in relief, knowing Harry will stay here and not go back to the Dursleys.

"I wouldn't expect this kind of behaviour from you. I hope you have a safe trip home" Snape says to me and I nod my head.

"I understand professor, and I take full responsibility for everything. I'll grab my stuff and wait for the train to arrive" I say and head out of the office, looking at the door.

I sigh heavily and feel tears swelling up but I stop them, looking around the castle.

"I'll miss this place" I say lightly and lean on the wall.

I sigh again and head down the stairs, picking up my trunk and clutching it tightly. I whistle and Malekith flies onto my arm, resting there.

"Sorry, buddy. We're going home" I say and he tilts his head lightly.

I walk down to the Black Lake and look at it, hearing the giant squid. I hop onto one of the boats and ride across the lake, looking back at the castle.

I look forward again when the boat stops. I get out hesitantly and slowly walk to the train tracks, sitting on the floor while I wait for the train to arrive.

~~~~~

The train shows up, stopping near me. I look at the castle one last time and get on the train, leaning on the side of the door.

I look at the ground when I hear footsteps and someone breathing heavily.

"Don't go!" they yelled and I smiled, seeing Fred coming to me.