chapter 60

⚠️TW⚠️- E.D, insecurities

Everyone is getting ready for the second task, and George is trying to get people to bet on the winners. I chuckle at him, then approach him.

"Where's Fred?" I ask.

"I dunno. He's supposed to be helping me, but I haven't seen him"

"I'll keep my ears up" I say, smiling.

I get to the other champions and feel so insecure about my body when I see Fleur. She looks perfect, and I look a mess.

No wonder I don't eat.

I get to my place and see Harry on my right and Cedric on my left. I look down, not wanting anyone to pay attention to me, but it's too late for that. I'm in the Tri-Wizard tournament.

"Don't worry, you look great" Cedric says, noticing my awkwardness.

"You think so?" I ask.

"I know so" Cedric says. I smile.

"Thanks. I need the confidence boost"

"It's my pleasure" Cedric says.

"Welcome to the second task. Last night, something was stolen from each of our champions. A treasure of sorts. These 5 treasures, 1 for each champion, now lie on the bottom of the Black Lake. In order to win, each champion need only find their treasure and return to the surface. Simple enough. Except for this, they will have 1 hour to do so and 1 hour only. After that, they will be on their own" Dumbledore says, pausing "You may begin at the start of the cannon"

The canon shoots, and I take my wand out, casting a spell.

"Syreni Transformatio" I cast, moving my wand over my entire body.

I hold my wand firmly, then dive into the water, my legs turning into an orange tail, and my ears becoming fins. My clothes disappear, and I'm left with a bra that looks like it's made out of the same stuff as my tail.

 My clothes disappear, and I'm left with a bra that looks like it's made out of the same stuff as my tail

I take a deep breath in and can't believe I can breath under water. I swim around and this is so much easier than normal swimming.

I swim towards the bottom of the lake, seaweed covering my view. I rise, and see Cedric. He looks at me, gives me a thumbs up, then continues on.

I let go of the breath I'm not aware I'm holding, and continue my search for my treasure.

"Um... mermaids! Could you help a fellow mermaid out?!" I yell, twisting and turning in every direction.

A mermaid comes up to me, and I smile, but it swims towards me, not stopping. I quickly duck, but more come, trying to hit me.

"Flipendo!" I shoot at a mermaid "Flipendo. Depulso"

I clutch my wand tightly and swim away, following the sounds of breaking rope.

I sigh and swim as fast as I can, seeing Cedric leave. I swim up to my treasure, and see Fred, cupping his cheeks in my hands.