chapter 74

-Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince-

-Draco's POV-

"She's your cousin. She could be Andromeda's daughter, or Black's" aunt Bellatrix says as she paces around the main room of the Manor.

"Who?" I ask, looking up at her.

"Y/N. Did you know about it?" she asks.

"Of course not, but that would explain why she's nice to me"

"What do you mean?" aunt Bellatrix asks.

"She's nice to me even though that Potter is an arrogant piece of work"

"What house is she?"

"Slytherin" I reply.

"Just like us" she mutters "Befriend her and get her onto our side"

"Aunt, I-" I start to protest.

"Sweetie... bringing her onto the Dark Lord's side will make him honour us and our whole family, including your parents. Imaging that, Draco. We'd be safe. We'd be happy" aunt Bellatrix interrupts.

"Fine, but she won't do it. She's a Slytherin, but she's kind and headstrong. I'm telling you she won't"

"Just do it"

-Y/N's POV-

"'Harry Potter'. Who's Harry Potter?" a waitress asks as me and Harry are reading a Daily Prophet newspaper.

I know she's asking Harry.

Harry looks up at her and puts the paper on the table.

"Oh, no one" Harry replies "Bit of a tosser really"

There is a comfortable pause as the girl bites her lip, then points her eyes and head to the paper.

"Funny that paper of yours. Couple nights ago, I could've sworn I saw a picture move"

"Really?" Harry asks, trying to sound amazed.

"Thought I was going around the twist" the girl says, both of them chuckling.

She walks slowly towards the counter.

"She's cute, ask her out!" I whisper to Harry, nudging him in the side.

He turns around.

"Hey, I was wondering-"

"11. That's when I get off" the girl interrupts Harry, turning to him "You can tell me all about that tosser Harry Potter"

The girl turns back around and goes to the counter, Harry smiling. He smells his breath, then gets out a mint, chucking one in his mouth.

He looks out the window on our right, and gets up. I follow him curiously, then stare as I have a weird sensation overcome me.

The lights on the other side flicker, and Harry stares for a moment, then wipes away the water on the window so we have a clear view.