chapter 5

"Excuse me, do you mind? Everywhere else is full" I hear someone ask, so I turn my head to the icompartment door. Ron was standing there, looking a little guilty.

"Not at all" Harry says before I can. Ron sits next to me. I was sitting by the window, opposite Harry.

"I'm Ron, by the way. Ron Weasley" Ron greets.

"I'm Harry, Harry Potter" Harry greets back.

"S- so it's true! I mean, do you really have the... The..." Ron starts but stops, pointing to his forehead.

"The what?" Harry asks. Ron looks around to see if anyone is listening, then leans forwards.

"The scar?" Ron whispers, making me chuckle.

"Oh" Harry says, and lifts his hair up, showing his scar.

"Wicked" Ron says and leans back in his seat.

"I'm Y/N" I say and shake his hand.

"Anything off the trolley dears?" a lady asks, stopping at our compartment.

"No thanks. I'm all set" Ron says, holding up 2 squished sandwiches. He smiles at the lady, then puts his sandwiches away.

"We'll take the lot" Harry says, and takes out a bunch of gold coins, galleons, I think, from his pocket.

"Whoa!" Ron exclaims, looking at Harry's hand.

The trolley lady gave us everything and it's all layed out on our laps and over the seats. Ron takes a rat out and lets it sit on his lap, it eating the sweets as well.

"Bertie Bott's Every Flavour Beans?" Harry asks after picking up a popcorn-looking box.

"They mean every flavour" Ron says "There's chocolate and peppermint, and there's also... Spinach, liver and tripe. George sweared he got a bogey-flavoured one once"

"George? One of the cute twins? Did I say that out loud?" I ask then cover my face from embarrassment.

"You think they're cute? Ew!" Ron says. I feel myself go red.

"Just don't bring it up. Ever" I say, picking up a liquorice wand. Harry picks up a pentagonal-shaped, gold and blue box.

"These aren't real frogs, are they?" Harry asks and I look at the name of the sweet.

"It's just a spell. Besides, it's the cards you want. Each packs got a famous witch or wizard. I've got about 500 meself" Ron says proudly, and Harry opens the box. A chocolate frog came bouncing out if it and landing on the window "Watch it" Ron warns but the frog jumps up to the window, jumping out the train "Oh, that's rotten luck. They've only got one good jump in them to begin with"

"I've got Dumbledore!" Harry exclaims, looking at his card.

"I got about 6 of him" Ron says casually.

"Hey, he's gone" Harry says and I looke at the card.

"Well, you can't expect him to hang around all day, can you?" Ron asks in a 'matter of fact' tone, and his rat squeaks.

I decid to open my own chocolate frog box. The frog jumps out the box and onto the seat next to me. It jumps over to Ron but becomes inanimate. Ron picks it up and gives it to me.

"Thanks" I say, then pick up my card, looking at it "I got Gilderoy Lockhart" I say, looking at the blonde-haired man who is presented neatly that's on my card. The rat squeaks again.

"This is Scabbers, by the way. Pathetic, isn't he?" Ron asks. I kinda get off feelings from the rat, but I shake my head to be kind.

"Just a little bit" Harry said.

"Well, I think he's a cute rat"

"Yeah, like you think Fred and George are cute" Ron says, snickering. I feel a little embarrassed again "Speaking of Fred, he gave me a spell that turns him yellow. Want to see?" Ron asks, and I nod my head.

"Yeah" Harry says and shifts in his seat.

Ron takes out his wand and coughs to clear his throat.

"Sun-" Ron starts but a girl with brown and curly, bushy hair comes to our compartment, looking in it.

"Has anyone seen a toad? A boy named Neville's lost one" the girl asks.

"No" Ron replies shrugging his shoulders a little.

"Oh, are you doing magic?" the girl asks "Let's see then"

Ron clears his throat again, tis time more aggressively.

"Sunshine, daisies, butter mellow. Turn this stupid fat rat yellow" Ron casts, but the rat smoks a little, it's face getting out of the box it was eating from.

Ron shrugs his shoulders at Harry and me, and Harry does the same.

"Are you sure that's a real spell? Well, it's not very good, is it?" the girl asks, and Ron looks at me and Harry, pointing his head towards her to signal 'the audacity of her' "Of course, I've only tried a few simple ones myself, but they've all worked for me" the girl says and sits next to me with her wand out. She's looking at Harry "For example: Oculus Reparo" she casts, and the tape holding Harry's glasses together disappeares, his glasses fixed "That's better, isn't it? Holy cricket, you're Harry Potter! I'm Hermione Granger. And you are...?" the girl asks Ron, turning to him.

"Um, Ron Weasley" Ron says, sweets in his mouth.

"Pleasure" the girl says, obviously disgusted.

"I'm Y/N" I say and she smiles at me.

"You 3 better change into robes. I expect we'll be arriving soon" Hermione says and leaves, but stop at the door and turns to Ron "You've got dirt on your nose, by the way. Did you know? Just there" she says and points to the right side of her nose.

Ron rubbs his nose and she leaves, whipping her hair as she goes.

~~~~~

The train gets to a stop and we all get out in our school robes.

"I can't believe I had to change with you 2 outside. And I was completely visible" I say, annoyed.

We start walking forwards, to Hagrid, and Ron's looking around.

"Hello Harry. Y/N" Hagrid greets when we get to him.

"Hey Hagrid" Harry greeted.

"Hi" I say simply.

"Whoa!" Ron exclaims as he looks at Hagrid, his tall figure towering us.

"Right then, this way to the boats. Come on, now. Follow me"

All the first years, including me Harry and Ron, obviously, get into boats, floating across a massive lake.

"There's a giant squid, isn't there Hagrid?" I ask, looking at the water.

"How'd you know tha'?" Hagrid asks.

"I hear it. It's very loud" I say, making Ron edge closer to the middle of the boat, scared.