chapter 63

Moody pulls us both up to his office, and both me and Harry have somewhat calmed down. I'm not belting out in pain, but my entire body is sore, and tears keep streaking down my face.

Moody takes us to where that chest is, closes the curtains and gets 2 stools, putting one next to the other.

He puts a hand on mine and Harry's shoulders, his staff resting on the floor near us.

"Are you alright, Potters?" he asks us both.

I shake my head aggressively, not able to muster up any more words, because if I do, I'll start yelling and crying even more again.

Harry nods his head.

"Does it hurt? That?" Moody asks Harry, gesturing his head to the cut down his arm.

"Not so much now" Harry replies.

"Perhaps I'd better take a look at it" Moody says, slowly moving Harry's cut clothes out of the way to see the wound.

"The cup was a portkey" Harry says, making Moody look up at him "Someone had bewitched it"

"What was it like? What was he like?" Moody asks, slowly standing.

"Who?" Harry asks.

"The Dark Lord" Moody says, then walks off to the side "What was it like to stand in his presence?"

"I don't know" Harry says "It was like I'd fallen into one of my dreams. Into one of my nightmares"

Moody goes to another part of the room, opening a case and moving what sounds like bottles. A moment of pause.

"Were there others?" he asks "In the graveyard, were there others?"

"Uh... I... I don't think I said anything about a graveyard, professor" Harry says.

"Harry, get behind me... now" I whisper, getting up.

Harry gets up and stands behind me as Moody appears in the doorway.

"'Marvelous creatures, dragons, aren't they?'" Moody says, mimicking Hagrid "Did you think that miserable oaf would've led you into the wood if I hadn't suggested it?" Moody asks, then starts rummaging around for something "Do you think Cedric Diggory would've told you to open the egg underwater if I hadn't told him first myself?!" Moody yells, turning to us "D'you think Neville Longbottom, the witless wonder... could've provided you with gillyweed if I hadn't given him that book that led him straight to it?! Huh?!" Moody yells, then points to his own head.

He goes to a box on our right.

"You do not make fun of my friends, especially since you murdered one of them!" I yell at Moody, taking a step forwards.

"I did not murder him!" Moody yells.

"Well, you bloody well helped Voldemort kill him!" I argue.

"It was you from the beginning. You put our names in the Goblet of Fire. You bewitched Krum. But-"

"But, but, but, but" Moody mocks, then starts coming towards us "You won because I made it so, Potter. You ended up in that graveyard tonight because it was meant to be so. And now the deed is done" Moody stands just in front of us, pushing me to the side and gripping Harry's arm, making him groan "The blood that runs throught these veins runs within the Dark Lord" Moody walks off and groans, then dramatically turns to us, his face contorted "Imagine how he will reward me when he learns... that I have once and for all..." he shakes his head like a dog "Silenced the great Harry Potter" Moody says and lifts his wand.

"Expelliarmus!" Dumbledore yells, the door pushing open and Moody flying back into a chair, hitting the wall behind him.

Dumbledore runs to him and holds his throat, pushing his head up. McGonagall and Snape follow after him.