chapter 81

The trio and me are in the Gryffindor common room, waiting for Harry to drink the Felix Felicis. Once he does, he just stares at us.

"Well, how do you feel?" Hermione asks.

"Excellent. Really excellent" Harry says with a smile, standing up.

We do the same.

"Remember, Slughorn usually leaves early, takes a walk, and then returns to his office" Hermione recaps.

"Right. I'm going down to Hagrid's" Harry says, completely ignoring the plan.

"What? No, Harry, you've got to go to speak to Slughorn. We have a plan" Hermione says.

"I know but I've got a really good feeling about Hagrid's. I feel it's... It's the place to be tonight. Do you know what I mean?" Harry asks.

"No" Hermione and Ron say.

"Yes" I say right after

"Well, trust me. I know what I'm doing. Or Felix does" Harry reassures then leaves.

I sigh heavily, then make my way to my own common room, going to my dormitory to see a note.

'looking so gorgeous,
wish I could see you
in it in person,

Fred- your handsome
boyfriend'

I chuckle at the note, then put it on my bedside table, writing a note to George about a name for a Weasley Product he and Fred need naming.

I sit on my bed and wait for Malekith to come back from him flying around the castle, just daydreaming.

~~~~~

Mal perches himself on my window sill, and I tie the note to his leg.

"I need this given to George Weasley" I say to Mal, who then flies off.

I make my way to the Astronomy Tower, silently walking up the stairs.

I jump when someone grabs my waist, covering my mouth with their hand and turning me to face them.

Harry.

I'm about to say something, but Harry put a finger over his mouth to shush me.

"Have you been whispering to yourself, Draco?" Dumbledore asks, so I look up and see Draco with his wand aimed at Dumbledore, and Dumbledore just standing there "Draco... you are no assassin"

"How do you know what I am? I've done things that would shock you" Draco says, breathing heavily.

"Like cursing Katie Bell and hoping that in return, she'd bear a cursed necklace to me? Like replacing a bottle of mead with one laced with poison? Forgive me, Draco... I cannot help feeling these actions are so weak that you- your heart can't really have been in them"

"He trusts me. I was chosen" Draco says, then pulls back his sleeve.

Given the angle, I can't really see what's on his arm, but given the circumstances, I now realise Harry was right. About everything.

Draco had become a Death Eater at Borgin and Burkes.

Snape did make an unbreakable vow.

Draco is working with Voldemort and I trusted him.

Harry takes out his wand, and I do the same, holding it up towards Draco.

"Then I shall make it easy for you" Dumbledore says, taking out his wand.

"Expelliarmus" Draco casts, knocking Dumbledore's wand out of his hand.