chapter 20

"I'd always heard Hogwarts' end of year exams were frightful, but I found that rather enjoyable" Hermione says as we walked through the grounds after finishing our tests. I was trying to keep up with them as they were walking quite fast and I was still of crutches.

"Speak for yourself. Alright there, Harry?" Ron asks and I turn to Harry, seeing him holding his head where his scar is.

"My scar. It keeps burning" Harry says.

"It's happened before" Hermione points out.

"Not like this" Harry argues lightly.

"Perhaps you should see the nurse" Ron suggested.

"I think it's a warning. It means danger's coming" Harry says and I turn to him, then see Aaki.

He howls at me and I frown, then quickly turn to Harry.

"They've spotted him deep in the forest last night" I say and Harry looks confused "The wolves have spotted Voldemort" I explain but Harry just keeps walking, then looks ahead. I do the same and see Hagrid sitting outside his hut, playing the flute.

"Of course!" Harry exclaims and starts running to Hagrid.

"What?" Hermione asks.

"I have crutches people!" I yell at them and they stop.

I sigh, then hold both crutches in my hand, not using them as I run to the other 3.

"Don't you think it's a bit odd that what Hagrid wants more than anything is a dragon and a stranger turns up who just happens to have one? I mean, how many people wander around with dragon eggs in their pockets? Why didn't I see it before?" Harry asks and runs faster to Hagrid. As soon as we get to him, he sees us and stops playing, turning to us "Hagrid, who gave you the dragon egg? What did he look like?"

"I don't know. I never saw his face. He kept his hood up"

"This stranger, though, you and he must have talked"

"Well, he wanted to know what sort of creatures I looked after. I told him, I said 'After Fluffy, a dragon's gonna be no problem.'"

"Did he seem interested in Fluffy?"

"Well, of course he was interested in Fluffy. How often do you come across a three-headed dog, even if you're in the trade? But I told him, I said. I said 'The trick with any beast is to know how to calm him.'. Take Fluffy, for example. Just play him a bit of music and he falls straight to sleep" Hagrid says and we look at each other, gasping lightly "I shouldn'ta told you that" Hagrid says but the 4 of us run "Where're you going? Where are you..."

We ran to McGonagall's classroom, me lagging behind a little.

"We have to see professor Dumbledore. Immediately!" Harry says and I enter the classroom, seeing McGonagall look at me, then Harry again.

"I'm afraid professor Dumbledore is not here. He received an urgent owl from the Ministry of Magic and left immediately for London" McGonagall explains and I hit my crutch on the floor in anger.

"He's gone?! Now?! But this is important! This is about the Philosopher's Stone" Harry says quickly.

"How do you know-?"

"Someone's going to try and steal it!" Harry interrupts.

"I don't know how you 4 found out about the stone, I assure you it is perfectly well protected. Now, would you go back to your dormitories? Quietly" McGonagall says and we sigh, leaving the classroom.

"That was no stranger Hagrid met in the village. It was Snape. Which means he knows how to get past Fluffy" Harry says and I quickly put my hand to my neck, making a signal for him to stop, then do it faster as Snape gets closer.