chapter 37

We run into our room and I close the door, Harry kicking his cupboard and sitting on his bed in anger.

"Hey, hey, hey" I call and sit next to him.

I hug him and kiss his forehead.

"Don't listen to that woman. She's doesn't know what she's talking about" I say and see Harry looking at a picture of his parents "They're proud of you and they probably don't want this for you"

"Let's leave" Harry says and looks at me, putting his hands on my legs "Let's go"

"Where?!" I ask.

"Anywhere. Anywhere is better than here" Harry says.

"Pack quickly, unless we want Vernon to catch us" I say.

Harry smiles at me and kisses my forehead sweetly. I smile back at him and grab a trunk for myself and Harry. We quickly put all our wizarding stuff in it and drag it all down the stairs.

"You bring her back! You bring her back now! You put her right!" Vernon yells in our faces.

"No. She deserved what she got" Harry says, but Vernon goes for him.

Harry quickly pulls up his wand and uses it to scare Vernon back.

"Keep away from me"

"You can't do magic outside school" Vernon says as I grab my wand.

"Oh yeah? Try us" Harry says as he walks down the stairs, the door behind him.

"They won't let you back now. You've nowhere to go"

"We don't care. Anywhere's better than here" I say.

Me and Harry leave the Dursley house, speed walking away from it and down the pavement and road. My mind immediately zones out, me subconsciously following Harry and thinking about Fred, until I hear Harry breathing really heavily in anger.

I turn to him but he stops, looking around. I do the same and see a small park on our right. Harry wheels his trunk to the curb and leans it against it, sitting down. I smile weakly at Harry, and he does the same as I copy his actions.

He hugs me as I lean my head on his chest, hugging him back, but he looks up. I look up and see the street lamp flickering. It keeps turning on and off until it just stays off.

Harry looks back down, but I look back at the park behind us, the swings, seesaw and roundabout squeaking as they move out of know where. Harry looks behind as it suddenly becomes cold.

"Are you doing that, or...?" I ask, but Harry shakes his head.

A twig snaps in front of us and me and Harry quickly look ahead, gasping lightly. A black wolf-like creature emerges from the bushes and barks at us.

Harry quickly grabs his wand and steps back, but falls back because of his trunk. I recognise the dog and my eyes widen.

A bus, however honks at us as it drives towards us, becoming visible in the light. It's a triple-decker, purple, weirdly shaped bus. It stops in front of us and a tall scruffy looking man looks down at some cards.

"'Welcome to the Knight Bus, an emergency transport for the stranded witch or wizard. My name is Stan Shunpike and I will be your conductor for this evenin''" Stan looks around, but sees me standing up and Harry in the floor "Whatcha doin' down there?"

"I fell over" Harry says.

"Whatcha fell over for?" Stan asks.

"I didn't do it on purpose" Harry says as I stretch my hand out, Harry taking it. I help him up.