chapter 69

⚠️TW⚠️- insecurities

"This is mad. Who'd wanna be taught by me? I'm a nutter, remember?" Harry says, the 4 of us making our way to the Shrieking Shack.

"I'd wanna be taught by you, the greatest wizard ever and only known survivor of the Killing Curse" I say, but Harry frowns.

"Aren't you?" Harry asks.

I look at my wrist and see the scar, then shake my head.

"It wouldn't matter if I'd die. For you, it does. You're the chosen one" I say, looking at him.

"It does matter" Harry argues.

"Not to anyone else, but that doesn't matter now. We have a focus" I say.

"And look on the bright side: you can't be any worse than old toad face" Ron says, making me stifle a laugh.

"Thanks, Ron" Harry says.

"I'm here for you, mate"

"Who's supposed to be meeting us, then?" Harry asks.

"Just a couple of people" Hermione answers.

We enter the Shack, 2 people and a goat looking at us.

"Lovely spot" Ron says.

"Thought it would be safer off the beaten track" Hermione explains.

"Matey, come back here" one of the guys says to the goat that walks off.

~~~~~

"Um... hi. So you all know why we're here. We need a teacher. A proper teacher. One who's had experience defending themselves against the Dark Arts" Hermione starts.

"Why?" a kid asks.

"Why? Because You-Know-Who's back, you tosspot" Ron says, making me chuckle.

"So he says" the kid says.

"So Dumbledore says" I say.

"So Dumbledore says because you and he says. The point is, where's the proof?"

"If the Potters could tell us more about how Diggory got killed..."

"I'm not gonna talk about Cedric, so if that's why you're here, clear out now. Come on, Hermione. They're here because they think I'm some sort of freak" Harry says, but Hermione stops him, as do I.

"Is it true you can produce a Patronus Charm?" Luna asks.

"Yes. I've seen it" Hermione says.

"And I've seen it too. He saved someone important to me" I say, looking gratefully at Harry

"Blimey, Harry. I didn't know you could do that" Dean says.

"And he killed a Basilisk, with the sword in Dumbledore's office" Neville says.

"It's true" Ginny backs up.

"Third year, he fought off about a 100 Dementors at once" Ron says.

"Last year, Y/N and him really did fight off You-Know-Who in the flesh" Hermione says.

"Wait. Look, it all sounds great when you say it like that... but the truth is, most of that was just luck. I didn't know what I was doing half the time. I nearly always had help" Harry admits.

"He's just being modest" Hermione says, turning to the crowd of students.

"No, Hermione, I'm not. Facing this stuff in real life is not like school. In school, if you make a mistake, you can just try again tomorrow. But out there... when you're a second away from being murdered... or watching a friend die right before your eyes... you don't know what that's like" Harry says, and I hum in agreement.