chapter 61

It's the last task, and the entire stadium is clapping, a band playing as, one by one, each of us champions come out.

Cedric first, then Fleur, Krum, Harry then me. I smile up at the crowd and wave at everyone, looking to my left to see a giant maze.

I turn to the audience again and find Fred and George. I wave at them both, George waving back and Fred licking his lips, winking at me.

I blush and smile, winking back. I scan the audience for Draco and wave at him, smiling. He actually waves back and smiles, making me smile brighter.

I turn to Dumbledore and run a hand through my hair, the cheers becoming deafening and never ending.

"Sonorus" Dumbledore calls, using his wand to make his voice louder again.

The band stops playing abruptly, and the cheers stop, everyone taking a seat.

"Earlier today, professor Moody places the Tri-Wizard Cup deep within the maze. Only he knows it's exact position. Now, as Mr Diggory-" parts of the crowd cheer loudly for Cedric as Mr Diggory raises his son's arms as victory, but Cedric pulls it down again "And Mr Potter-" more students rise and cheer "Are tied for 1st position, they will be the first to enter the maze, followed by Miss Potter-" loud cheers, especially from the Slytherins, makes me smile "Mr Krum-" Durmstrang boys cheer "And Miss Delacour" Beauxbatons cheer "The first person to touch the cup will be the winner" everyone cheers "I've instructed the staff to patrol the perimeter. Should, at any point, a contestant wish to withdraw from the task... he or she need only send up red sparks with their wands. Contestants..." Dumbledore turns to us "Gather around. Quickly!"

All 5 of us make our way to Dumbledore, huddling in a circle. Dumbledore wraps his arms around Krum and Fleur's shoulders.

"In the maze, you'll find no dragons or creatures of the deep. Instead, you'll face something even more challenging. You see, people change in the maze. Oh, find the cup if you can, but be very wary, you could just lose yourselves along the way" Dumbledore says, and walks back a little "Champions, prepare yourselves!"

I turn to the maze and stand by my entrance, turning to the crowd that's cheering and roaring. I find Fred again and blow him a kiss, waving at him.

He waves back and blows a kiss back, smiling at me. I wave at George and he waves back, also smiling.

"On the count of 3. 1-" the canon shoots.

Harry and Cedric enter first, and I wait for Dumbledore to signal for me to go. Once he does, I look back at Fred one last time and smile weakly, entering the maze.

The entrance behind me closes in, blocking all sound from getting in, or getting out.

I sigh heavily and grip my wand tightly, but shove it into my pocket, turning into a wolf and running, taking a right.

I follow my instincts through the maze, but hear a scream. I twist my head in the direction of it and run, being close by.

I take a corner, but see Harry pressed against the wall of the maze. I turn into a human and hold my wand, standing next to Harry.

He looks at me, then forward again, Krum pointing his wand at Harry's face while it's lit. He stares at Harry for a moment, then walks off, me and Harry sighing in relief.

We both take a corner to see Fleur getting dragged into the wall of the maze by branches, her eyes open but filled with fear.

"Fleur?" Harry calls "Fleur"

Me and Harry both stand, raising our wands.

"Periculum" we cast together, 2 red sparks shooting out of our wands and exploding in the air, becoming one.

A large gust of wind suddenly starts, and me and Harry run, the walls of the maze closing in on itself to try and trap us, but we both jump out the way, landing on the floor.

I quickly get up and help Harry up, and we both look around, seeing a blue light at the end of this path.

Me and Harry run to it, but quickly stop, Krum pointing his wand at us.

"Get down!" Cedric says, both of us quickly ducking as Krum shoots a spell at Cedric "Get down!"

Krum starts speaking gibberish, but Cedric points his wand at Krum.

"Expelliarmus!" Cedric casts, shooting Krum backwards.

Cedric runs to Krum and kicks his wand out of his hand, pointing his own at the unconscious man on the ground.

"No, don't, stop! He's bewitched, Cedric!" Harry says, running to Cedric and pushing his arm down.

"Cedric, listen to him! Don't attack Krum! He's down and he's not getting back up" I say, going to Cedric as well and making him face me.

"Get off me!" Cedric yells, pushing us both back and running.

He takes a corner and runs, me and Harry both following him to be first to touch the cup, me exceeding both of them.

I run ahead as they both push and shove each other, all of us taking another corner and seeing the cup.

I don't stop but look behind me, branches pulling up from the ground to trip them up, and succeed at stopping Cedric.

I continue on.

"Harry!" Cedric yells, making me turn to him and Harry.

The branches pull him back as he struggles to hold on to anything that'll stop him. I look at the cup.

"Y/N! Y/N! Harry!" Cedric yells as I look back at him, running to him.

"Reducto!" Harry shoots at the branches, and I help Cedric up as Harry runs to us.

I pull him up, all of us breathing heavily.

"Thanks" Cedric says.

"No problem" Harry says as I throw my arms around Cedric, hugging him tightly.

He hugs me back, looking down at me.

"You know, for a moment there, I thought you were- you were gonna let it get me" Cedric says.

"For a moment so did I" Harry says.

"Some game, huh?" Cedric asks.

"Some game" I say, shaking my head.

"I guess this makes us even" Cedric says, looking down at me as I look up at him.

"You bet your arse" I say, chuckling lightly.

I pull him down and kiss his cheek, him blushing lightly when I pull away.

Another gust of wind pushes through the maze, all 3 of us turning to it.

"Go!" Cedric yells, all of us running to the Tri-Wizard Cup in front of us.

Once we get to it, we all stop.

"Go on, take it. You saved me, take it" Cedric says to me and Harry.

"Y/N, you take it, you've been living under my shadow for way too long"

"Oh, for heaven's sake, let's just all take it at the same time. 1..."

"2, 3" we all say together, then grab the cup, teleporting away.