chapter 70

⚠️TW⚠️- insecurities

"Hey, how are you?" Fred asks, sweetly placing his hand on my thigh in the Great Hall.

"I'm fine"

"No, you're not. I know you better than that, you know" Fred says.

I sigh, then turn to Fred, rubbing my face with my hands and breathing heavily.

"I started seeing the man that tried to kill me during the World Cup. And then I saw Cedric. And then a wound on my leg. The same one I had then" I say, looking down.

Fred pulls my gaze up with his fingers and kisses my lips sweetly. I instantly kiss back and smile, slowly pulling back.

"Are you okay?" Fred asks.

"I am now. I'm so grateful for you, Fred. I love you"

"Love you" Fred says, pecking my lips.

~~~~~

"Well, how was it?" Hermione asks Harry about his kiss with Cho.

"Wet. I mean, she was sort of crying" Harry admits.

"That bad at it, are you?" Ron jokes.

"I'm sure Harry's kissing was more than satisfactory" Hermione says quickly. "Besides, Cho spends half her time crying these days"

"You'd think a bit of snogging would cheer her up" Ron jokes, chuckling a little.

"Don't you understand how she must be feeling?" Hermione asks, and pauses as she waits for Ron to answer, but he doesn't "Well, obviously she's feeling sad about Cedric... and confused about liking Harry and guilty about kissing him... conflicted because Umbridge might sack her mum from the Ministry... and frightened of failing her OWLs because she's worrying about everything else" Hermione says.

"One person couldn't feel all that. They'd explode" Ron says.

"Just because you've got the emotional range of a teaspoon..." Hermione starts.

Harry smiles as I stifle a laugh, but I can't, all of us starting to laugh. I hold my stomach as I lean forwards, laughing my head off at everything.

~~~~~

I wake up in the middle of the night, having a feeling in the pit of my stomach.

It's telling me something is wrong, so I get up and sigh lightly, turning into a white wolf and quietly walk down the Slytherin common room, leaving.

I walk around, but realise I'm in front of Dumbledore's office, tilting my head to the side.

I turn into myself and walk up the stairs of the statue, confused on why it's there.

"In the dream, were you standing next to the victim... or looking down at the scene?" Dumbledore asks, and I walk in, seeing all the Weasley's, Harry and professor McGonagall.

"Neither. It was like I... will you
please just tell me what's happening?" Harry asks.

"Sorry, professor, I just had a feeling to come here. Could I get an explanation?" I ask, sheepishly stepping into view.

"Arthur Weasley has been attacked" McGonagall says, making me freeze.

"He what?" I ask, my voice shaking a little.

"Everard, Arthur's on guard duty tonight. Make sure he's found by the right people" Dumbledore says to a portrait.

"Sir" Harry calls.

"Phineas. You must go to your portrait at Grimmauld Place. Tell them that Arthur Weasley is gravely injured and his children will be arriving there soon, by Portkey" Dumbledore tells another portrait.