chapter 10

We go to the changing staircases and start walking up one.

"I'm tellin' ya, it's spooky. She knows more about you than you do" Ron says.

"Who doesn't?" Harry asks rhetorically, but the staircase starts moving to the left "What's happening?" Harry asks in a panic.

"The staircases change, remember?" Hermione says, and I just start walking up the stairs as if it wasn't moving. It stops and rebounds a little.

"Let's go this way" Harry says, pointing ahead.

"Before the staircase moves again" Ron says bitterly and annoyed.

As soon as we go where Harry had been pointing, I'd known something is wrong. There is no way a statue covered in cobwebs in a dark and probably deserted room is a good sign.

"Does anybody feel like we shouldn't be here?" Ron asks, making me turn to him.

"Yep" I say casually, but just continue on with the other 3.

"We're not supposed to be here. This is the 3rd floor. It's forbidden" Hermione says.

I hear an animal walking towards us.

A fire ignites and we all turn to it.

"Let's go" Harry says and turns but a cat meows, standing there.

"It's Filch's cat!" Hermione quietly exclaims.

"Run!" Harry says and we all run in the opposite direction of the cat, me faster than the other 3.

As we were running through the corridors, torches start igniting, and I saw a door.

"Quick, let's hide through that door" Harry says and I run faster towards it. I try opening the door, but it doesn't open.

"It's locked!" I yell to them and they stop when they get to me. Ron tries opening the door but it still doesn't budge.

"That's it, we're done for!" Ron says, but Hermione sighs heavily.

"Oh, move over!" she orders and pushes Harry to the side, standing in front of the door.

She pulls out her wand and points it to the lock.

"Alohomora" Hermione casts, the lock moving and unlocking the door "Get in" Hermione whispers while opening the door, getting in the room. We all follow.

"Alohomora?" Ron asks, closing the door.

I heard something breathing and turned to look ahead. There is a dog standing on top of a trapdoor. I then look back at the door, trying not to alarm them.

"Standard Book of Spells, chapter 7" Hermione says and looks through the door carefully. After a while, she closes the door "Filch is gone"

"Probably thinks this door's locked" Ron says.

"It was locked" Hermione points out.

"And for good reason" Harry says and is looking in the direction of the dog.

We all turn to it. It is a three-headed dog that is sleeping. It looks almost how I picture Cerberus, just cuter.

Hermione, Harry and Ron scream when it wakes up, growling at us. They quickly open the door and run out, closing it and locking it.

I am still in the room.

The three-headed dog turns to me and I put my hand out to pet it. All the heads start panting, it's body dropping to the side and rolling onto it's back.

I start scratching their stomach and behind their ears. I pet their heads and start babying it, sitting down with the middle head resting on my lap.

"Awe, you're not scary. You're so cute!" I say but hear yelling outside.

"Y/N! We left her in there!" Harry yells to Hermione and Ron.

"She'll be dead by now!" Ron says and starts walking around.

"One of us will quickly look in, see if she's alive and grab her, pulling her through" Hermione says as I chuckle.

"I'm not doing it" Ron says quickly.

"I'll do it. She's my sister" Harry says and steps up to the door.

He opens the door and sees me scratching the middle head's chin.

"Y/N!" Harry calls, surprised.

"I'm fine. It's lovely and so sweet" I say, kissing the middle head.

"Come on!" Harry urges, and I sigh, giving the dog one last scratch before leaving with Harry, Hermione locking the door quickly.

"What do they think they're doing! Keeping a thing like that locked up in a school?" Ron asks as we walk away from the door.

"That 'thing' was absolutely wonderful and didn't even think about biting my leg off or eating my brain" I say in defense.

"You don't use your eyes, do you? Didn't you see what it was standing on?" Hermione asks.

"Yeah, it was a-"

"I wasn't looking at its feet! I was a bit preoccupied with its head. Or maybe you didn't notice. There were 3!"

"It was standing on a trapdoor. Which means it wasn't there by accident. It's guarding something" Hermione says and we all turn to her.

"Guarding something?" Harry asks.

"That's right. Now if you 3 don't mind, I'm going to bed... Before either of you come up with another clever idea to get us killed, or worse... Expelled" Hermione says with a lot of sass and turns, opening a door and walking through.

"She needs to sort out her priorities" Ron says and I smile at them.

"I'm gonna head to my common room. I'll see you tomorrow" I say and they nod.

I make my way to the Slytherin common room and go inside. I go up to my room and see Pansy already there.

"Hey" I say and she smiles at me "Do you like animals?" I ask, sitting on my bed and laying back.

"Depends what animal" she says.

I get up and let my owl out, him sitting on my leg as I sit back on my bed, legs crossed.

He is a beautiful Eurasian eagle-owl named Malekith.

"What about a massive three-headed dog that loves you but hates everyone else?" I ask, looking at Pansy and petting Malekith.

"I could like that dog, then" she says and I smile.

~~~~~

"One of a wizard's most rudimentary skills is levitation... Or the ability to make objects fly" professor Flitwick says, smiling.

This is Charms class. I hear walking and someone opens the door to the classroom.

"Excuse me, professor, could I borrow Miss Potter for this lesson, please" professor McGonagall asks.

"Yes, of course. Y/N, we will catch you up next lesson" professor Flitwick says and I nod my head, leaving the classroom with professor McGonagall.

"Come with me" she says, so I follow her to professor Dumbledore's office.