chapter 23

"Are you okay?" I hear Fred ask, so I turn around, seeing him standing there.

"I don't think I am" I say.

"You wanna talk about it?" Fred asks, and I lean on the car. He stands next to me, doing the same.

"It's just... People knew who my mother was and I don't even know much about her. All I have is 1 picture. And it's been almost a year since I last saw my father and I just worry about him. A lot. The reason I don't tell you who he is, is because... He's not what you'd expect"

"Y/N, you are my best friend and I love you. You don't have to tell me, but I'd rather know who helped give me my other partner in crime. It's your choice" Fred says.

I sigh. I pause for a minute, then turn to him.

"Sirius Black. My father is Sirius Black" I say.

"Sirius Black?" Fred asks.

"See? People believe he's a murderer. Almost my entire family are Death Eaters. Do you realise what people will do once they know my family? Do you realise what Harry will do? He'll hate me for the rest of his life because he thinks my father helped Voldemort kill his parents. But, I think he was framed. I know he was framed" I say, but Fred just stares at me "What?"

"You are not defined by what your dad did, or didn't do. If Harry can't see that then he's an idiot. You didn't do any of that. You aren't a Death Eater, so don't worry about it" Fred says.

"He has a life sentence, Fred. I will worry about it. If he gets out, they'll think I helped him" I say.

"You need to stop overthinking this"

"I can't. He's my dad, Fred. And I love him. I'm worried about him. He's living in a filthy cell in Azkaban, he's been living there for 10 or 11 years now. He's all that I feel that I have left. My family hate me and they don't even know I'm their family" I say.

"Hey, you have me. You have us Weasleys. You have a problem, come to us because we care about you. Always will" Fred says, and I hug him, pecking his cheek.

"Thank you" I say.

I open my locket and show Fred the picture of my mother and father.

"You look just like them" Fred says, making me smile.

He takes my hand, him dragging me back inside. Just before we go in, though, an owl comes swooping down and hits the window, stopping us both in our tracks.

I whistle 3 times and wait. Malekith comes flying down and lands on my head. I chuckle and walk inside, Malekith swaying side-to-side with my steps. As soon as I enter, the other Weasleys look confused and start laughing, including Harry.

"Sorry, Mrs Weasley, this is my owl, Malekith" I say and put my arm out, Malekith jumping to it. He jumps to the window and stays there, sitting.

I sit at my seat and Fred sits in his, continuing eating while Percy gives everyone a letter.

"Y/N, I've got your letter" Percy says and hands me a letter.

"Dumbledore must know you're here. Doesn't miss a trick, that man" Mr Weasley says.

"This lot won't come cheap, mum. The spellbooks alone are expensive" George says.

"We'll manage"

"I could pay for everything" I say.

"No, dear. It's alright" Mrs Weasley says.

"Mrs Weasley, your boys have done quite a lot for me, actually. I want to return the favour. Please" I say, looking between Fred, George, Ron and Mrs Weasley.