chapter 9

"Good afternoon, class" Madam Hooch greets as she walks past us all.

We are in 2 rows looking at each other and there is a broom in front of all of us.

"Good afternoon, Madam Hooch" we all greet.

"Good afternoon Amanda. Good afternoon. Welcome to your first flying lesson" she says when she turns to all of us "Well, what are you waiting for? Everyone step up to the left side of their broomstick" she says and we all went to the left side of our broomsticks "Come on, now, hurry up. Stick your right hand over the broom and say 'up'" Madam Hooch says.

I stick my right hand over my broom and chant 'up'. As soon as I say it, the broom lifts into my hand. I look over at Ron, who's on my left.

"With feeling" Madam Hooch says and almost everyone gets their brooms up.

"Up!" Ron calls, but the broom hits him in the face. Me and Harry start laughing at him "Shut up, guys" Ron says and rubs his nose.

"Now once you've got hold of your broom, I want you to mount it. And grip it tight. You don't want to be sliding off the end" we all mount our brooms, but have our feet firmly on the ground. I grip mine tight "When I blow my whistle, I want each of you to kick off from the ground, hard. Keep your broom steady, hover for a moment... Then lean forward slightly and touch back down. On my whistle. 3, 2" Madam Hooch says and blows her whistle.

I kick off the ground and start hovering. I feel a little too safe so I go a little higher.

"Mr Longbottom" Madam calls and I look at Neville. Neville doesn't get down or respond. He just looks scared "Mr- Mr- M- Mr Longbottom" she calls but he starts flying higher.

He goes left and right, then upside down, then back upright, flying ahead. I fly up after him but he hits the wall 3 times and starts going towards the students and the teacher. Madam Hooch is about to cast a spell, but he gets too close to them so she dive-bombs to the side. I chase after Neville, flying through a tunnel looking thing and flying straight up. I'm about to grab Neville, but his robes rip and he falls onto a torch, hanging from it. I dive to him but he falls before I can get him, so I quickly pull myself up before I hit the ground.

"Everyone out of the way!" Madam Hooch says and runs to Neville.

I quickly fly to his broom, grabbing it and landing on the floor.

"Excellent form, Y/N. However, everyone's to keep their feet firmly on the ground while I take Mr Longbottom to the hospital wing. Understand? If I see a single broom in the air... The one riding it will find themselves out of Hogwarts before they can say Quidditch" Madam Hooch warns, and walks past us with Neville, taking him to the hospital wing.

"Did you see his face? Maybe if the fat lump had given this a squeeze, he'd have remembered to fall on his fat arse" Draco says as he holds Neville's Remembrall in his hand.

"Give it here, Malfoy" Harry orders, stepping forward.

"No. I think I'll leave it somewhere for Longbottom to find" Draco says and throws the Remembrall in the air, catching it. He stands on his broom, circling us as he mounts his broom properly, flying up "How 'bout on the roof? What's the matter Potter? Bit beyond your reach?" Draco asks as he looks at us. Harry was about to mount his broom.

"Harry, no way! You heard what Madam Hooch said. Besides, you don't even know how to fly" Hermione points out but Harry mounts his broom anyway, flying up to Draco "What. An. Idiot"

Harry talks to Draco, then goes for him, but Draco flips in a circle, ending upright. They talk a bit more before Draco throws the Remembrall as far as he can. Harry flies after the Remembrall, going as fast as he can.

He's approaching a window but quickly flips, stopping in front of the window with the Remembrall in his hand.

He lands and shows the Remembrall in pride, running to us crowd of children as we all cheer for him and ran to him.

I hear heels clicking and look towards the noise, seeing professor McGonagall walking onto the field. Everyone was congratulating Harry and patting him on the back when professor came.

"Harry Potter!" she calls and Harry turns to her "Follow me" she says and left with Harry in tow.

~~~~~

"Seeker? But first years never make their house teams. You must be the youngest Quidditch player in a-"

"Century, according to McGonagall" Harry interrupts Ron.

We're walking down a corridor and someone grabs my shoulders.

"Boo!"

I grab the person's right arm, pulling them in front of me and throwing them onto the ground, going on top of them and holding their arms down. Harry, Ron and another person stop. There's whispering as I look at the person I was holding down, my eyes widening a little.

"Fred, you bloody idiot! I could've hurt you" I say and let him go, helping him sit up. I was now sitting in his lap.

"I wouldn't mind, depends what way" Fred says, then winks at me.

I blush and help him up, the both of us walking on with the other 3.

The other person is George. I wave at him and he smiles, waving back.

"Hey, well done Harry! Wood's just told us" Fred says as we turn a corner, looking at Harry, then turning to me, smiling. I smile back at him and his cheeks go a little pink.

"Fred and George are on the team too. Beaters" Ron says.

"Our job is to make sure that you don't get bloodied up too bad. Can't make any promises, of course. Rough game, Quidditch" George says.

"Brutal. But, no one's died in years. Someone will vanish occasionally" Fred says and we turn a corner while the 2 crackheads continue down the corridor.

"But they turn up in a month or 2" George adds.

"You guys will vanish if you don't stop" I say, turning to them and they run.

I turn back around, chuckling because of them.

"Oh, go on, Harry. Quidditch is great. Best game there is, and you'll be great too" Ron says and Hermione joins us, standing next to me.

"But I've never even played Quidditch. What if I make a fool of myself?" Harry asks.

"You won't make a fool of yourself. It's in your blood" Hermione says.

She leads us to a glass case thing that has awards in it. It has 3, 1 for R.J.H King, 1 for McGonagall and 1 for James, Harry's dad.

"Whoa! Harry, you never told me your father was a Seeker too" Ron says, astounded.

"I... Didn't know" Harry's says, looking at his father's award.