chapter 46

⚠️TW⚠️- insecurities

"Expelliarmus!" Snape yells, disarming dad and pointing his wand at him "Oh, vengeance is sweet. How I hoped I'd be the one to catch you"

"Severus" Remus calls, but Snape points his wand at Remus, making him step back and walk towards me.

Dad quickly backs up and takes my hand, standing in front of me protectively.

"I told Dumbledore you and his daughter were helping a friend into the castle and now, here's the proof"

"Brilliant Snape" dad says and lets go of my hand, walking towards Snape "Once again, you've put your keen and penetrating mind to the task and, as usual, come to the wrong conclusion. Now, if you'll excuse us, Remus and I have some unfinished business to attend to" Snape puts the edge of his wand under dad's chin.

"Give me a reason. I beg you"

"Snape, please! He's my father!" I beg, looking at him with plead.

"Severus, don't be a fool" Remus says.

"He can't help it. It's habit by now"

"Sirius, be quiet"

"Be quiet yourself, Remus!" dad yells.

"Oh, look at you 2, quarreling like an old married couple"

"Why don't you run along and play with your chemistry set" dad says, making Snape push his wand into dad's neck.

"I could do it, you know. But why deny the dementors? They're so longing to see you. Do I detect a flicker of fear. Oh, yes. The Dementor's Kiss. One can only imagine what that must be like to endure. It's said to be nearly unbearable to witness, but I'll do my best"

"Severus, please" Remus says, who holds my hand.

"After you" Snape says and turns to the trio, pointing his head out for them to go.

Harry walks forwards and points his wand at dad, to which I stand in front of, closing my eyes and bracing myself for a spell.

"Expelliarmus!" Harry shouts, but I don't feel anything.

I open my eyes and hear the bed behind me breaking as I look at it, Snape laying on top of it.

"Harry! What did you just do?!" Ron asks.

"You attacked a teacher!" Hermione says in shock.

"Tell me about Peter Pettigrew" Harry says, pointing his wand at Remus.

"He was at school with us. We thought he was our friend!" Remus says.

"No. Pettigrew's dead. You killed him" Harry points his wand at dad.

"No, he didn't" Remus says as he moves forward, Harry pointing his wand back at Remus "I thought so too until you mentioned Pettigrew on the map"

"The map was lying, then"

"The map never lies! Pettigrew's alive. And he's right there!" dad says, pointing at Ron.

"Me?! He's mental!" Ron says.

"Not you! Your rat!" dad says.

"Scabbers has been in my family for-"

"12 years?" dad asks, interrupting Ron as he walks forward "Curiously long life for a common garden rat! He's missing a toe, isn't he?"

"So what?"

"All they could find of Pettigrew was his f-"

"Finger! The dirty coward cut it off so everyone would think he was dead! And then he transformed into a rat!" dad says, standing just in front of Ron.