Highschool Hijinks: A Game of Equality(Female Reader)

March

Ga-yeong's POV

March 13th, 3035

Dear Diary, 

Today's the day me and my friends decided to sign up for hockey. We've all been playing hockey since we were toddlers and it would've been fun to actually join the hockey team for our high school years. Especially Jason since he's been a hockey fan ever since he was a baby. He would kick ass.

No one's POV

It was afterschool. Ga-yeong was with her friends on their way to the gym for hockey tryouts.

"This is going to be fun." Joi squealed out.

"I-I I just hope nobody gets their hands cut from the ice skate blades." Tristesse quivered.

"I doubt that'll happen." Michael said. "I mean the blades can't be that sharp."

"I hope not." Tristesse said. 

When they got to the gym they walked up to the table for hockey try outs. There sitting at the table was a gruff male coach who looked like he was released from jail years ago before he did coaching.

"Can I help you all?" The coach asked.

"We're here to try out for the hockey team." Ga-yeong proudly said. The coach raised an eyebrow at her.

"Alright, show me what you got." The coach said as they all grabbed a hockey stick. They all gave it their best and the coach couldn't lie and say that he wasn't impressed but there was something about this coach that seemed...bogus.

"Alright, you've shown enough." The coach said as they all stopped playing.

"D-did we make it?" Joi asked.

"Patience babydoll, I'll let you all know when you've made the team." The coach informed. Ga-yeong smiled as she hugged Joi and Michael tight while squealing.

"I hope we do make the team." Ga-yeong thought to herself. When Ga-yeong got home, she ran up to Gi-hun and jumped into his arms...much to his dismay.

"Ga-yeong sweetie...you're too big for this and I don't think my back can handle this anymore." Gi-hun strained out. Ga-yeong pecked all over his face.

"Dad, guess what?" Ga-yeong exclaimed.

"Can you please tell me when you get out of my arms." Gi-hun strained out. Ga-yeong got down from his arms.

"I tried out for the hockey team." Ga-yeong announced.

"That's great gongju." Sang-woo said as he walked in.

"Did you make the team?" Ali asked. "I know you and your friends are really great at hockey."

"Well, the coach will tell us soon but I'm sure we made the team." Ga-yeong said.

"Hey sister, if you ever need a practice buddy, I'm available." Dawn offered as she grabbed two hockey sticks and a hockey puck.

"Dawn I thought you only did soccer." Ga-yeong pointed out.

"I do, I also do hockey, tennis, and on occasions, MMA." Dawn listed.

"Wait they let 9 year olds do MMA?" Ga-yeong asked.

"It ain't never too early to start learning self defense." Sae-byeok stated.

"But that kinda defeats the purpose of us lecturing Dawn to stop getting into fights at school." Sang-woo pointed out.

"Don't worry, I promised eomma that it won't be used for bullying and intimidation, only self defense." Dawn said as she raised her hand up, swearing her promise.