Chapter 3: Building Bridges (Part 1)

With life in his legs and energy flowing through his marrow, Papyrus bikes to the other side of town. His house sports a bright white color on the walls, with red-orange roofing to boot. His house towers over much of the Ebott territory. In fact, it might just be the highest altitude in the whole town aside from Mt. Ebott itself. Papyrus himself thinks so, anyway.

Papyrus' femurs and ankles shake, and his breaths are shallow and filled with fragile huffs and puffs as he grows closer to his home.

"I... THE GREAT PAPYRUS... DO NOT... KNOW WHY... I MOVED TO A HOUSE... ON TOP... OF... A HILL!"

After reaching his house and taking time to slowly climb off of the goatmobile, Papyrus places his skeleton hands onto his knees

After reaching his house and taking time to slowly climb off of the goatmobile, Papyrus places his skeleton hands onto his knees. He spends a few moments catching his breath, and after his breathing becomes regulated again, he takes the door key out from his pocket and slowly inserts it into the door knob. Just as he's about to turn the key and enter his home, a figure jumps out from the bushes and jumps on him. 

The figure has aquatic features covering her stature. The bright blue scales shine for Papyrus. It's Undyne, one of Papyrus' closest friends and former leader of the Underground's military.

"NGAAAH! What are you doing, Papy?!" She exclaims as she intensely noogies Papyrus' skull, and he immediately tries to place his hands onto his skull quickly. He trips and stumbles into the unlocked door, causing them both to fall into his home, with Undyne still giving him a hard time.

"NO! PLEASE, UNDYNE! DON'T NOOGIE THE SKULL!" Papyrus exclaims. 

As Papyrus rubs his head gently, Undyne gets up from the ground and relents. "Sorry, Papyrus! I can't help myself sometimes!"

As she grins widely, her adrenaline subsides, and she walks by Papyrus, who's still lying on the floor and working himself to his feet. She takes a seat on the front porch. "Anywho, why are ya rushing back up here for? I thought you were preparing for the party at your brother's place?"

Papyrus quickly gets up from the ground. He places his right hand on his hip and authoritatively lifts his left pointer finger. "I MUST PREPARE FOR MY NEXT MISSION! ASGORE JUNIOR NEEDS ME TO HAND OUT THE LAST INVITATION FOR THE PARTY. THUS I, THE GREAT PAPYRUS, SHALL DELIVER THIS FINAL INVITATION! AND THE HUMAN SHALL BE THANKFUL FOR MY BRAVERY AND HARD WORK! I ALSO CAME BACK HERE TO MAKE SURE I HAVE ALL OF THE INGREDIENTS FOR MY FAMOUS SPAGHETTI."

Undyne smiles and chuckles. "Sounds like a plan to me! But, who's the invitation for, anyway? Did ya forget to have it delivered?"

Papyrus nods proudly. "IT'S THE MONSTER NAMED JERRY! I HAVE NO CLUE WHO HE IS, BUT I WILL MAKE SURE HE GETS THIS LETTER! I'LL SEARCH OVER THE ENTIRE TOWN OF EBOTT IF I HAVE TO! I JUST MADE A NEW ONE FOR HIM TOO!"

Undyne chuckles and shakes her head. "You could've done some research before going on this mission, Papy! If you learned who Jerry was, then you'd probably be able to find his address easier. At least, that's how it would work for me. Not pickin' on ya; just food for thought!"