Chapter 20: Soul Rain (Part 2)

"He's nothing but a lying rat fink." Frisk and Asriel look at Susie worryingly. She stares at them, nods, and rubs her hair quickly.

Frisk's face is covered with a sad aura. "Susie, are you ok? You don't seem well at all."

Susie grits her teeth and lowers her head, sitting on the couch. "I'm trying to keep calm, ok? But we've been waiting around for too long, and we've only got so much time left, and I'm sick of it!"

Susie bashes her hand against the table. The splinters dart into her hand, and she grips it in pain. She stares up at Frisk and Asriel and chuckles. "Heh, look...splinters. So annoying, huh? No biggie, though."

Asriel presses his lips together and gently holds her hand, inspecting it. He gestures to Frisk, who pulls out a bandage from his pocket. Frisk then gently pulls the splinters out from Susie's hand, cleaning the wounds and then wrapping her hand gently in the bandaging.

"You'll get an infection if you leave it unattended," Frisk says. He sighs. "At least now, the early stages of my medical training are being put to use."

Susie shakes her head. "Whatever."

Asriel leans over and hugs Susie, and she raises an eyebrow. "What are you doing?"

Susie's face contorts with confusion, and a warm smile appears on Asriel's face. "We're your buds, right?"

"Well...yeah, but I dunno why you're gripping me like that," Susie says, feeling like her personal space is being invaded.

"Susie...it's ok to hurt," Asriel says. "Keeping the pain in will just harm you more, won't it?"

Susie's eyes freeze. She lowers her head, sighs, and grunts. "My bad, I guess."

"Don't apologize," Asriel replies calmly. "Just...know that it's ok. It's not too late to heal, ok? You have two good legs...please keep moving forward. We love you, Susie; don't give up."

Asriel releases Susie and smiles at her warmly. Susie nods, keeping a straight face. "If you weren't that hyperdeath god thing with a sick scar across your chest, I would've tackled you to the ground by now."

Asriel laughs and rises from the floor, rubbing the back of his neck. "I know. Sorry for invading your personal space like that...I just care about you a lot."

From the backdoor of the house erupts Undyne. She rushes into the living room to see Asriel and Susie being near the broken table, Frisk standing with a pensive look, and the door lying in the middle of the floor.

Undyne raises her hands in the air, looking disgusted. "What are you doing here?" she says, glaring at her broken-down door.

Susie snarls. "You were supposed to be here earlier, fish lady!"

Frisk and Asriel chuckle, but those snickers quickly fade and turn into silence when a familiar voice echoes through the living room. "ASRIEL LAZARUS DREEMURR!"

Asriel turns around to see his mother, her face lit up with fire and her foot tapping wildly on the floor. He bites his lip and sinks his head. "Oh no, she's using middle names...we are so grounded," he whispers to Frisk.

Frisk gulps loudly Toriel stares over at Frisk, her fur standing on end. "YOU TOO, Frisk...what are you doing here?!"

Undyne walks over to their mother. "And what are you doing here, Toriel?!"

Both Toriel and Undyne point to the trio and raise their voices at each other. They shout at the same time. "I'm here for these three!...Why?! ...Because it's important!"

Toriel holds the bridge of her nose and sighs. Undyne stares at Toriel for a second then laughs. "Weird how we kept interrupting each other, huh?"

"This is no time for games, Undyne!" Toriel lectures.