Chapter 12: Scars (Part 2)

The Dreemurr household is still as the two children and their mother sleep. Well, mostly still. In the right bed lies Frisk, whose chest moves methodically up and down. Gentle snores spew from Frisk's mouth as his mind travels pleasantly through his subconscious.

The same cannot be said for his brother. Over on the left bed, Asriel's body contorts. His hands shake as he grips his head as violent images flash through it. His skinny, small goat body flips around the bed as he groans and mutters in his sleep.

Asriel looks around a long, even infinite, grassy field. The sky is colored pink, the clouds gray. A golden flower with a melted face appears just a few feet ahead, causing him to jump backward. "Who is that? Wait...no."

Asriel's heart fills with dread as he stares at the melted face on the flower. The sky flashes brightly, and he looks upward. A bright red slash crosses over the heavenly expanse. The world spins round and round as he trips and falls. Sweat pours down his face, and his heart races faster. The flower smirks widely and laughs maniacally, evilly staring at him.

"You are nothing." The flower's voice shifts and changes into something harsher and lower-pitched. "You will never BE ANYTHING. Worthless trash."

Asriel looks to the sky, the clouds turning a bright crimson. With a quick snap, green and yellow ribbons fall from the sky and land on top of him. Asriel quickly turns his neck to his side and sees Frisk. With a quick jolt, a knife plunges through Frisk's chest. Laughter can be heard from behind. The blood gushes and flows as Frisk falls to the ground, the half-heart shape on his chest breaking apart.

Asriel gasps, with streams of tears flowing from his face. "No...this can't be happening. Not again!" He falls to the ground, crawling backward on his bottom towards the expanse behind him, itching for an escape. The voices grow louder and louder. He covers his ears tightly, shuts his eyes, and screams out.