Chapter 19: Alloys (Part 1)

The September sun burns brightly on Undyne's lawn. Fists are flying, and legs are swinging, but the teacher refuses to be hit. In her black armor, the teacher keeps dodging as Asriel misses punch after punch. She effortlessly directs him to the ground as Susie jumps down with her own hook. Undyne blocks and suplexes, with Susie groaning as she smacks the ground.

"C'mon, you two," Undyne taunts. "You can do better!"

A punch lands squarely on her back. She winces and turns around to see Asriel with a fist in her armor. She chuckles and shrugs. "Hey, not bad, kid! Finally landed a hit on me." Smirking, she holds him up in the air, his legs dangling as he struggles to break free from her grip. "Hey, no fair!"

"All is fair in love and war...and training! Don't expect me to go easy on you, goat punk," Undyne taunts. 

Susie grimaces and goes for a tackle. Undyne looks out of the corner of her eye, easily side-stepping and sweeping Susie's legs out from under her. Susie faceplants and curses.

Undyne chuckles and lets go of Asriel. While rubbing his sore bottom, he sighs, and Undyne takes a few steps backward. "You two are really sloppy!"

Asriel shakes his head, breathing heavily. "I'm sorry; we're trying our best!"

Undyne clicks her tongue. "But your best isn't good enough! If you want any hope of winning, you'll have to learn to work as a team."

Susie's eyes burn, and she charges up at Undyne, pulling another punch. "Can it, fish lady! I know how to fight!" Undyne ducks under the punch effortlessly and spins Susie around, throwing her on the lawn. Asriel quickly dashes up to his teacher with an aerial kick, but she quickly bends backward. Landing feet-first, he spins around and releases another kick. Undyne ducks again, barely.

"Wow, dude. You are getting quicker," Undyne says. "But it's still not enough!"

Asriel presses one hand on the ground, the other on his chest. Undyne raises an eyebrow and walks over to him. "Hey kid, are you feeling alright?"

Like a lightning bolt, Susie tackles Undyne. Her armor screeches through the dirt as she slides to a nearby tree. Susie thrusts her palms into Undyne's shoulders, then knees her in the gut. Undyne winces slightly as she chuckles. "Finally got you! The power of mean girls shines in me."

Undyne laughs; Susie bites her lip. "What's so funny?" she grunts.

Undyne slips out of Susie's grip, jumps, and lands between her and Asriel. Susie's eyes widen, and she goes for another punch. After missing, Undyne's boot slams into Susie's back again, causing her to fall.

"Don't get cocky! That'll cost ya," Undyne chides.

After Asriel catches his breath, he leans toward Susie and whispers in her ear. Undyne takes a step backward, rubbing her chin as she raises an eyebrow. "Huh, are they finally talking with each other?"

They regard Undyne with sterly gazes. Susie clenches a stick in her dominant hand and rushes at Undyne, with Asriel beside her. Undyne dashes to the side of the yard and prepares to jump. "Two on one? Nice try, but I'm prepared for this!"

As Undyne jumps in the air, Asriel signals. "Susie, GO!"

Asriel dashes behind Undyne to the other side. With a strong yet quick throw, Susie lobs the stick to Asriel, and he catches it, now close to Undyne. As Undyne lands on the ground again, armor rattling, the goat child holds the stick up to her neck, and Susie runs up, clenching her hand around Undyne's collar.

Susie grins. "We finally caught ya."

Asriel nods. "And if this were Kris, we'd say, 'we're turning you in!'"