Chapter 6: Storm of Questions (Part 1)

A cluster of stars begins to appear in the quickly darkening sky. Some party guests turn multiple ways on the street and walk in different directions. Others are staying put and passing hushed whispers back and forth. A tall, skinny skeleton appears over the small hill at the end of the street, rushing towards the house with a piping hot plate of spaghetti in his right hand.

"I, THE GREAT PAPYRUS, HAVE BROUGHT A FRESH PLATE OF SPAGHETTI FOR THE HUMAN", he exclaims. As he runs up to his older brother's home, a series of flashing red and blue lights blares into his eyes. Blinking, he steps backward and rubs his eye sockets. He squints and notices the multitude of both humans and monsters lining the front lawn. He places his free hand on his hip, smiles widely, and tilts his head. "OUTDOOR PARTY? GREAT IDEA!"

Papyrus marches up to the house and looks around. Many citizens seem to be blocking the way of the front door, and he dodges left and right, looking towards the entrance to the house, and bobs his skull up and down. "I WILL FIND A WAY TO ENTER MY BROTHER'S HOME. THE HUMAN WILL LOVE THIS DISH, AS ALWAYS."

As he takes one step closer to the house, his hipbone and femur brush up against an elderly turtle monster. The turtle monster turns to face Papyrus, scratches the back of his shell, and looks slowly up at him, with his voice grimly erupting from his mouth. "Oh, there you are, Papyrus. Do you understand what's going on?"

Papyrus' eyes light up, and he leans in toward the turtle. "IS IT AN OUTDOOR PARTY, GERSON?!"

Gerson shakes his head slowly and clenches his fists onto the top of his cane. "I'm afraid you're wrong. Observe the police tape." 

Gerson raises a limb towards the front of the house, and Papyrus's eye sockets widen

Gerson raises a limb towards the front of the house, and Papyrus's eye sockets widen. Bright yellow police tape stretches across the premises, with a few police officers walking around muttering to each other.

Papyrus' skull, despite lacking pores, begins to sweat. He looks around quickly as two teenage monsters walk up to Gerson and begin rubbing their hands together. The taller one is Bratty, while the shorter one is Catty. Muffet and So Sorry walk up beside them, joining in the expanding circle.

Bratty starts. "Things got soooooo crazy, Papy!"

Catty bobbles her head rapidly. "Yeah, like...OMG, very crazy! I hope Azzy's ok..."

Papyrus' eye sockets widen. "ASGORE JUNIOR? I CANNOT BELIEVE IT!"

Bratty and Catty call out at the same time. "OMG YES...well, no. Well, we mean that it was Asriel who got hurt!"

Papyrus begins to tap his foot quickly as So Sorry walks in closer to Papyrus while pressing his pointer fingers together. "I'm glad you weren't here to see it...so sorry if you take offense, but things were scary."

Papyrus leans down towards So Sorry and raises his voice more than usual. "TELL ME MORE!"

So Sorry takes a step back, and his voice quivers slightly. "Asriel got cut...on his chest. Frisk texted a bunch of the other partygoers and me earlier about what happened."