Chapter 24: Sunset (Part 2)

Within the basement of Undyne's home sits a pair of brothers. Another piece of chocolate enters the ambassador's mouth, and it's the final piece. Licking his lips and patting his stomach, he tosses the wrapper behind him, adding to the pile of chocolate bar wrappers on the floor, left behind from his snack and study session. Frisk intensely stares over his medical notes while Asriel takes a nap on the couch. After another moment, he sighs and gets up from his chair, stretching gently. "Cram session complete."

Frisk stares at Asriel, who drools as he sleeps. His right ear covers his eyes, his legs and arms sprawled over the couch as he gently breathes in and out. His twin chaos sabers lay on the floor, one parallel to the other. He sleeps with his hand on his abdominal region and his shirt pulled upward.

Frisk shakes his head, smiles, and walks over to him. "Azzy, you're gonna catch a cold if your stomach's showing like that." Frisk covers Asriel's belly with his shirt and finds a blanket behind the couch. He pulls it out for Asriel and gently places it over his brother. Within sleep, Asriel smiles and turns to his right. Frisk nods and takes a spot on the floor beside the sabers in front of his brother.

Frisk looks up at the ceiling, sighs, and holds his hand over his heart while lowering his head. He rubs his finger on the floor, tracing squiggly lines beneath the pavement. (I can feel my soul fill with DETERMINATION. It hasn't been this strong since when Azzy freed the monsters.) Now his finger moves faster on the cement floor, the lines becoming more chaotic. (Although I have a feeling this will be tougher. This Kris...it's so strange.) Frisk bites his lip, and his heart races slightly. (Why do I feel like I would've ended up like Kris today if I made a single wrong call in the Underground)?

Frisk bites his thumbnail and taps his foot vigorously. (He has much DETERMINATION...his soul is also powerful and being orphaned...wait.) Frisk shakes his head and slaps his cheeks. (Don't be an idiot; you're nothing like him.) Frisk looks up at the ceiling and crosses his arms. (Although human or monster, no earthly being is perfect.) Frisk smiles and looks at the ground. (Well, I know I'm not perfect, but I'm lucky and thankful to be in this spot now. Things could be worse).

Frisk rests his brain for a moment. He lifts his head and looks at Asriel, still sound asleep, with a smile on his snout. Frisk gently rubs the top of Asriel's head. "'Don't kill...and don't be killed', Frisk says. "This is the vow we both took after the barrier broke. I hope we all stick to that vow when it comes time to face Kris. But, with all the death in town, what if..."

With a jolt, a ringtone spews from Asriel's pocket. His sleepy smile fades, and his eyebrows twitch. His eyes flutter a little, and he wakes up, stretching. Yawning loudly and rubbing his eyes, Asriel snorts and looks down at his right pocket. "Huh...whosthat..."

Frisk chuckles and smirks. "Morning, Azzy. I think you have a call."

Asriel holds his cell phone up to his ear and speaks. "Yeah, hello?" His eyes widen, and he smiles. "Oh, howdy, Noelle!...Oh...oh, ok..." Asriel's smile drops. He continues to listen in, and his pupils adopt tones of sadness. His face dims. He clicks his tongue and lowers his head. "Oh, so that's what's happening...yeah, let's do this...take care, Noelle."

Asriel puts the phone back in his pocket, throws the blanket from his legs, and quickly grabs his sabers from the floor along with plain sword sheaths. Asriel sheathes the swords and throws them over his back, glancing at his brother. "Frisk, we should call Susie and regroup with her. Kris has been located, and we should go check things out in case the police need backup."

Frisk's brow gets slightly more furrowed, nodding. "Alright. I'll call her up and let her know." He points at Asriel's weapons. "You're ready to roll, right?"

Asriel nods, holding them proudly in the air. The glare shines and hums. "Yup! Undyne did a great job of implementing the alloys." Asriel then stares at Frisk and points to him. "And do you have your medical kit ready?"