Chapter 7: Healing (Part 4)

As the three walk into the room, Frisk's eyes scan the floor near Asriel's bed. There seems to be a stack of religious ska albums on the nightstand, along with a dark black book with golden page highlights sitting next to it. Beside the nightstand is a series of seven books within a cardboard box, with a swirling artwork of a lion on the front of the box set. 

The goat child, Asriel, has a set of black earbuds. His greenish eyes are glowing with life, despite his eye sockets containing strong, dark circles. His white coat is somewhat disheveled and matted. As he gently bops his head to the music playing on the black cd player lying on his bed, he turns his head to see Frisk and his parents standing near him. His eyes light up even more, and he turns off the music while taking his earbuds out behind him. "Howdy, Frisk! And mom and dad too", he beams.

"My child! It's so wonderful to see you again," Toriel says

"My child! It's so wonderful to see you again," Toriel says. She walks over to Asriel and gently hugs him. Asriel smiles and chuckles, and then Frisk and Asgore follow suit.

"My son, how are you doing?" Asgore leans in towards his son, and Asriel smiles.

"Pretty good; I've got good news," Asriel excitedly says. "My recovery is going well, and I'm recovering faster than expected. So, I'll be home this weekend! Or, Monday afternoon at worst."

Frisk smiles slightly and pats Asriel on his left shoulder. "That's great, Azzy."

Asgore nods and smiles widely. "And so will I!"

Asriel sits up slightly more in his bed, so his body is at a 110-degree angle. "Huh? What do you mean?"

Asgore's smile slightly widens. "I'll be visiting you and your brother every weekend!"

Asriel's eyes flash with stars flying through them. "Wait, every weekend now?"

His face lights up, and Asgore continues. "Of course. And, if your mother allows it, we'll have butterscotch cinnamon pie for breakfast."

Asriel looks up at his mother, who nods softly. Asriel's eyes glow like the richest turquoise stones. "I can't believe it- it's actually happening. This is great! Thank you, thank you, thank you!" Before he can continue sharing his thankfulness, he begins coughing. He coughs harshly, and there's a rattle in his chest. His parents worryingly look at him while his sibling gently rubs his shoulder. 

After a few more seconds of coughing, Asriel clears his throat and takes a sip of water from the glass on the nightstand. "Wowie, I'm sorry to worry you...ahem, guess I'm still recovering."

Asgore nods. "It's quite alright, son. And, if your mother allows it, we can take a trip down to my florist business...Flower King! It'll be like back when we spent time in the royal gardens in the Underground. Your mother may come too if she wishes."

As Asriel's eyes continue to dance, Frisk grips Asriel's shoulder. He presses his lips together and looks at his brother. "Now, Azzy, there is one condition that we should tell you."