Chapter 11: Allies (Part 1)

A purple van pulls into a school parking lot. At the front of the school sits a large white sign with red lettering that reads: "Ebott Junior High School: Where Your Children Prepare for the Future."

The school is larger than expected for a small town, with a track and field arena in the back lot of the school and a front parking lot that would be able to fit 100 vehicles, give or take. The school building itself towers above most others in Ebott, with crisp tan paint, shimmering windows lining the front lobby, and office spaces used for the principal and secretaries.

Two children jump out of the van and wave at the van. As it pulls away, the pair walk towards the school. Frisk sports an Ebott Junior High-themed sports jacket over the top of his favorite shirt, while Asriel wears a burgundy and blue hockey jersey with a white stylized letter "A", to serve as a change of pace from their usual attire. Frisk nudges Asriel as they walk through the front door. "I hope you're ready for science class, Azzy. We're dividing into groups for the science fair!" 

Asriel laughs and rubs the back of his head. "Oh yeah, that was fun last year too." His head droops as they turn the corner and head toward their lockers. "I just hope I get caught up; I don't wanna fall behind or anything."

Frisk waves his hand gently and shrugs. "You only missed one day of school; there isn't too much makeup work. You'll be fine."

Asriel nods and gives Frisk a thumbs-up. "I've got two good legs, right? I gotta use them and keep moving forward."

Frisk looks over at Asriel, who pulls out a piece of paper

Frisk looks over at Asriel, who pulls out a piece of paper. It has various numbers scribbled over it. "Ah, so you were given your locker passcode, Azzy. Just had to make sure."

Asriel begins to turn the dial on his locker. His voice dances and rolls off his tongue gently. "I hope you're on my team for the science fair this year. That'd be pretty cool, huh?"

Asriel's locker swings open, and he places his spare books. Frisk chuckles and nods. "True, but you know how our teachers are."

They then speak at the same time with cheeky grins on their faces. "If you're in the same family tree, in the same group, you will not be."

The Dreemurr siblings share a laugh and then begin walking. After rounding the first corner, the smells of chemicals begin to fill their noses. They look down at their schedules, and Asriel points to the fourth row on his piece of paper. "Hey, do you have Ms. Warner for math in fourth?"

Frisk looks at his schedule and shrugs. "No, bro. I'll be with Mr. Snowdrake."

Asriel laughs and shakes his head. "Good luck with that one."

A thin and cheerful-looking reindeer pops out from the crowd in front of Frisk and Asriel. She wears a checkered red and green dress, and her warm, brown fur and delightfully bright red nose complete the look. She waves enthusiastically to them. "Hello, you two! It's great to have you back, Azzy!"