New Friend

Inumaki had called for the attention of both you and Okkotsu.

You flinched, guilt washing over you as you had forgotten he was still there with you. "Sorry, Inumaki. We got a little too wrapped into our conversation and left you out...." You looked down, feeling bad about your actions.

Inumaki saw your guilt and felt a pain in his chest. He waved a hand in front of him, attempting to comfort you. "Caviar."

Okkotsu sighed, rubbing the nape of his neck while feeling slight shame and embarrassment. "Sorry, Toge. Guess it felt nice to have someone new around that I could share things with. I interrupted a conversation between you two as well, please forgive me."

Even though Inumaki became jealous because of Okkotsu hogging you, he couldn't find it in him to hold it against his friend. "Salmon roe."

You smiled. "Do you want to finish our conversation from before, Inumaki?"

Inumaki sort of wanted to, but would rather move on to prevent you from figuring out his feelings. He shook his head. "Bonito flakes."

Your smile slowly dropped, barely still on your face. "Ok."

Okkotsu turned back to you. "Um... back when you were still living your life prior to being dragged into the world of Jujutsu, did you also play volleyball, Y/n?"

You shook your head. "Never on a team. I only helped my brother, cousin, and our friends." You remembered the events that unfolded between you and Atsumu. "But that's over now, since I'm going to be a Jujutsu sorcerer."

Inumaki's eyes widened, he grabbed your attention while expressing concern for you. "Mustard leaf?" This was his way of getting you to read his thoughts. "Are you really gonna become a sorcerer?"

You nodded, allowing your eyes to show your smile for Inumaki. "Yeah, after things that have been happening recently, I think becoming a sorcerer isn't such a bad thing. And it means we can all spend more time together."

You had no idea how happy that made Inumaki. His heart skipped while he began thinking about all the time you two would start spending with each other, especially since you two usually get paired as partners. He enthusiastically nodded his head. "Salmon!" But then, he realized which thing you had been referring to: Atsumu kissing you.

Okkotsu chuckled. "Wow, Y/n. You can really understand Inumaki, can't you?"

You nodded, chuckling lightly. "Yeah, well, he and I are partners."

The dark haired boy raised a brow. "Oh?"

You made eye contact with him. "Yeah, we usually get teamed up for missions. And it just really works, ya know? We naturally get along really well, and our cursed techniques just go very well together. We really compliment each other." You gave a smile to Inumaki.

That boy's heart was doing leaps and flips, he could've sworn he was gonna have a heart attack and need to go to a hospital. Of course, he also knew the complementarity of your techniques ran deeper than what Okkotsu was currently aware of or could ever imagine. The fact that you can read minds and communicate telepathically only proved that you and Inumaki were made to be a pair- an unstoppable team.

And these thoughts only made Inumaki feel more attached to you, his feelings for you growing stronger at each passing second. At times, he felt that it might become unbearable. However, he was more than willing to keep living this way since it was you he had fallen for. And this fact was one he wouldn't even dream of denying.

You snapped him out of his thoughts as you stood up. "Well... wanna go talk somewhere else?"

"Yeah, I think it might be better to go somewhere else." Okkotsu chuckled, standing up himself.

Inumaki was left confused. He stood up, tilting his head to the side. "Tuna?"

You looked over at him, pointing yiur thumb at one of the doors. "Privacy. Gojo and the others are listening in at the door. Also, I wanted to train with Okkotsu and see what his cursed technique is. You wanna join us, Inumaki?"

If he was being honest, he really didn't like that you and Okkotsu were making plans to hangout, but he was happy you invited him. "Salmon."

"Woah."

Okkotsu chuckled. "Rika looks cool, huh?"

You nodded, still looking at his curse, Rika, in amazement. "I've never seen anything like it before."

Inumaki stood a little bit away from you two, allowing you both space for training. 'It's been a while since Y/n trained with me.... We haven't been on a mission in a while too. She became busy with her brother and Atsumu lately... and now Yuta as well. I'm feeling kinda lonely. Is she abandoning me?'

The others joined Inumaki in the spectators' section. "Wow, matter manipulation vs. Rika. Who do you all think will win?" Gojo laughed, clearly amused with this whole situation.

Inumaki wasn't fully sure, in fact he was becoming more and more worried for you. 'Yuta's a special grade. And if I had to guess, Y/n might be around my level- semi grade one, possibly even a grade one but that might be pushing it. She's outclassed at the moment, so if they fought seriously she could die. I hope she doesn't get hurt....'

Kugisaki and Itadori, however, were overconfident in your abilities. "My girl's got this." The brunette girl spoke confidently.

Itadori nodded. "Y/n's super strong. I think she's got this."

Kugisaki added on to praising you. "She's unstoppable with matter manipulation, nothing can really stand in her way."

Gojo chuckled. "That's true.... But in this case, she might not stand a chance. She's outclassed against Yuta."

Itadori lookee at the teacher, confused. "Huh? What do you mean?"

Fushiguro sighed. "Okkotsu-senpai is a special grade sorcerer. At best, Y/n is semi grade one- maybe grade one."

"But even that seems like pushing it a bit." Maki continued. "Not to mention, we don't know if she has the ability to control Rika."

Panda nodded. "If she can, then she'll have the upper hand. If not, then we know for a fact that she's no match for Yuta."

Inumaki had already thought this out, which led him to remember you had been able to have complete control over a curse, and even cursed energy. His eyes widened, realization hitting him. 'It doesn't matter if Yuta outclasses Y/n. As long as she focuses and controls Rika, she'll win.'

Without looking at the others, Inumaki gave his input while never taking his eyes off of you. "Salmon roe."

They lookee at him with wide eyes. Panda was the only one that could speak. "You're rooting for Y/n?"

Inumaki nodded. "Salmon. Seaweed."

Maki shook her head. "I guess it makes sense you'd have confidence in her abilities. You two have partnered up before, so you'd know for a fact what she's capable of."

Gojo took interest in Inumaki's answer. "Is Y/n, by chance, able to control curses and cursed energy?"

"Salmon."

"Figures. Those are still, technically, types of matter. Meaning, Y/n has an advantage. But difference in strength will show who will prevail as the winner. If Y/n is below a special grade level, Yuta will win."