Chapter Ch1 - There are 108 billion humans who have died on Earth.

Chapter 1 is here!!

In the music room, Lin Feiran sat on the piano stool while looking at the music score.

This was the music for his solo piano performance at the school’s arts festival one week later. Since starting high school, Lin Feiran’s everyday piano practices were greatly reduced. Because of the recent school transfer and the new environment, he was not able to touch the piano for almost a month. The music that he had previously been able to play with both eyes closed now felt unfamiliar.

Lin Feiran reviewed the score again. Laying the book flat on the music stand, he prepared to play the piano.

At this time, a pleasantly deep voice flew to his ears: “Our school’s Fourth Culture and Arts Festival begins today. Culture forges our school’s spirit, arts…”

Lin Feiran couldn’t resist glancing at where the voice came from.

In the front of the music room, a male and a female student stood on a platform. The female student was called Wang Yao, the neighbouring class’ class president. Beautiful, gentle, and eloquent, she was chosen to become the arts festival’s female presenter. Standing next to her was the male presenter, Lin Feiran’s archnemesis, Gu Kaifeng.

No, to be clear, Lin Feiran one-sidedly decided to make Gu Kaifeng his archnemesis.

Gu Kaifeng himself seemed to not know about this……

Lin Feiran secretly stared at Gu Kaifeng.

He wondered what Gu Kaifeng, that second-year high school student, ate in order to grow to 184cm tall. Yet unlike the usual lanky bamboo pole-like physique, Gu Kaifeng’s body was well proportioned with decent amount of muscles. With his pleasingly handsome face, and due to his physique looking extremely dazzling while wearing the school uniform, he was publicly known as the most attractive boy in school.

You can still grow more at 17 years old. Some people grow earlier while some people are late bloomers. Wait until we’re 20 years old and let’s see who’s taller! 175cm Lin Feiran thought angrily as he absent-mindedly started to play the piano score in front of him.

Lin Feiran transferred to the boarding school a month ago, during the start of his second year. This came about because his father was sent to work at the company’s branch in Europe, leaving Lin Feiran without anybody taking care of him. His mother wanted to stay at the old house. The teachers and the quality of education in that city clearly could not compare to the ones in Lin Feiran’s current school. As a result, Father Lin put his foot down, determined to send off the pampered-since-childhood-young-master Lin Feiran to the boarding school.

In the beginning, Lin Feiran didn’t take changing schools seriously. He even thought that going to a boarding school would be a fresh new experience. He imagined that living alone without parents must feel like heaven. However, he quickly realized that he was wrong.

Because his roommate was Gu Kaifeng.

Gu Kaifeng – the overall-pretty-good guy – had a handsome face, was good at sports, was multi-talented, and had a rich family. If not for his personality that was rather cold to strangers, you can say that he was perfect.

The thing that made Li Feiran most bitter was the 4x400m relay race that he participated in. He carelessly fell down while running. Although he immediately got up and tried his best to run while enduring the pain, he was still surpassed by some people. However, when he passed the baton to Gu Kaifeng, Gu Kaifeng unexpectedly caught up to three people in one breath.

Nobody blamed Lin Feiran after the race was over. Two enthusiastic girls even approached him for the first time, giving him water and medicine and helping him treat his wounds. But seeing everyone treat Gu Kaifeng like a hero made Lin Feiran feel like he was compared to and found lacking.……