Chapter Ch6 - Going to the bathroom together.

Gu Kaifeng turned his bedside reading lamp to its brightest setting while saying: “If you’re scared, just sit here for a while.”

After speaking, he casually put the book with a scary name,《The Death of Living Corpses》, under his pillow and took out his phone. Bowing his head over the phone, he proceeded to mess around with it. It didn’t look like he planned to sleep at all.

Lin Feiran pursed his lips and crossed and uncrossed his legs several times. After a while, he fretfully walked to the door. Opening it, he cautiously stuck out his head to look at the corridor beyond.

The corridor was long and quiet. With two broken lamps, the lighting was somewhat inadequate. Though seeing clearly was not a problem, the visual effect was very eerie. It should also be mentioned that the bathroom was at the very end of the corridor.

Lin Feiran had slept from six o’ clock to a little after eleven o’clock, and he drank water and congee before sleeping. Yet, in all this time, he hadn’t gone to the bathroom because he was continually being scared by ghosts. So, he currently felt an urgent need to pee.

What do I do, there’s no way I can ask Gu Kaifeng to go with me to the bathroom…… I’m going to lose so much face it’s better to let the ghosts scare me to death! Lin Feiran thought, grinding his teeth and stomping his foot. He clenched his teeth and inhaled deeply, then took a big step into the corridor!

However, after taking just three steps outside, he began to recall the visions from moments ago, each horrifying scene quickly replaying in his head like images on a motion lamp. The bloody eyeball that rolled on the floor, the ghost’s cracked and withered face, the mass of bobbing ghostly heads…… Lin Feiran felt his stomach sink; he was so scared he almost pissed himself. He took three steps, then two steps, then panicked and hastily ran back into the dorm room.

What do I do, aaaaah! Lin Feiran shouted silently in despair. What if he suddenly sees ghosts while peeing in the bathroom, what can he do ah?

Lin Feiran thought that he absolutely didn’t have the guts to pee in the middle of a crowd of ghosts.

That’s why he couldn’t refrain from imagining the tragic scene of him going to pee only to end up running back to the dorm room in fright with his ass bared to the world, screaming madly.

Maybe he would even trip himself over the pants that would be bunched around his ankles…… If that were to happen then he really wouldn’t be able to live as a human being anymore — he should just jump off the building and kill himself, Lin Feiran thought grievously.

“What’s with you?” Gu Kaifeng looked at Lin Feiran who was standing near the door in an unnatural posture with his legs clamped together.

With a red face and a rapidly beating heart, Lin Feiran asked, “You, do you want to go to the bathroom?”

Gu Kaifeng bluntly and honestly answered the question, “No.”

Lin Feiran ground his teeth and asked using a very small voice, “Then, do you want to go with me……”

After saying this, Lin Feiran was so embarassed he wanted to hang himself on the spot.

“Alright ah.” Gu Kaifeng was immensely enjoying watching Lin Feiran’s face as it burned in embarrassment. He put on his slippers and, pushing open the door, said, “Go.”

Two grown-up male students went to the bathroom side by side.

In the quiet corridor, Gu Kaifeng casually asked, “What did you dream, to be scared like this?”

“In my dream,” Lin Feiran began, “I saw the dorm room completely filled with ghosts.”

The words flew out surprisingly smoothly, maybe because they were said under the pretense of a dream. Lin Feiran took hold of this opportunity and quickly elaborated. “There were around fourteen to fifteen ghosts. They were playing music in the dorm room, and there was also a DJ called MC Duan Tou; he was shouting and after that the other ghosts disco-danced, and there was even a ghost whose eyeball popped out!”