Chapter Ch28 - Popping Boba

Lin Feiran was eager to feed the cats. With all his attention poured into the soft kitten in his hand, he didn’t resist being fed by Gu Kaifeng.

Gu Kaifeng was perfectly satisfied as he fed him and spoke as if making idle conversation. “I noticed just now, there are two males and two females.”

Lin Feiran hummed sweetly in agreement, revealing the contented smile of a parent.

Gu Kaifeng was infected by his mood and wanted to laugh. “I’ve already come up with names for the cats: Mung Bean Cake, Cloud Cake, Glutinous Rice Cake, and Egg Cake.”

Lin Feiran: “……”

Gu Kaifeng wiped some sauce from the corner of Lin Feiran’s mouth and said softly, “You’re a little sticky cake.”

This action was a little too intimate. Lin Feiran forgot to breathe for a moment, then turned his head away.

Thinking aloud, Gu Kaifeng continued, “Then what am I?”

Lin Feiran responded callously, “You’re steamed cornbread.”

Gu Kaifeng was amused and winked flirtatiously at Lin Feiran. “That’s good, steamed cornbread is stiff.”

Lin Feiran: “……”

Why is this guy relating everything to that? And they call him an Adonis, ridiculous!

“The one with yellow fur on its leg should be called Egg Cake, the one with green eyes should be Mung Bean Cake.” Lin Feiran calmly turned the topic back in a safe direction, but as he continued to speak, he suddenly felt a burst of heartache. He couldn’t keep himself from blaming Gu Kaifeng. “Don’t just make up names if you’re bored ah; once you have, you won’t be able to bear giving them away anymore.”

“We’ll adopt a cat once we graduate from high school, okay?” Gu Kaifeng stroked Lin Feiran’s bangs. The strands of his hair were as soft as Lin Feiran’s personality. Even though it had just been cut that Saturday, his hair was still silky and nice to touch. The sensation from his fingertips made Gu Kaifeng’s heart beat faster.

“It won’t be possible even when we graduate, the same rules apply to university dorms.” Lin Feiran pulled back his head to avoid Gu Kaifeng’s mischievous hand.

Gu Kaifeng took back his hand, eyelids drooping slightly, and he used his chopsticks to play with the grains of rice in the lunchbox. “When that time comes, let’s go to the same university, rent an apartment nearby, and live together. Then, we can have one or two cats, and you’ll be responsible for playing with them and I’ll be responsible for scooping their shit, okay?”

Lin Feiran mumbled to himself discontentedly, “What are you talking about scooping shit for? I’m still eating&#k2026;”

“You’re focusing on the wrong thing, baby.” Gu Kaifeng lifted Lin Feiran’s chin with his finger. “I see that you’ve agreed to living together and going to the same university?”

Lin Feiran’s face instantly turned red and his eyes widened as he shouted at him ineffectually, “Who agreed? I just couldn’t be bothered to refute you!”

He spoke with so much force that a grain of rice flew out of his mouth!

Gu Kaifeng laughed so hard his shoulders shook.

Lin Feiran frantically tugged on Gu Kaifeng’s sleeve and stressed seriously, “I’m telling you, I’m not going to go to the same university as you.”

“Whatever you say. Anyway, our grades are similar. We were only a few marks apart on the test last month.” Gu Kaifeng raised his eyebrows then continued shamelessly, “When the time comes, I’ll steal your dream school list from the teacher and copy the whole thing down; we’ll see where you can run off to…”