Chapter Ch8 - Half a Face of Anger!

Once Lin Feiran was touched by Gu Kaifeng, all the strange things around him disappeared.

Lin Feiran rolled his eyes and, striving his hardest to speak in a relaxed tone, replied, “Just saying good morning. What’s up?”

Gu Kaifeng smiled. “Nothing. Are you done with your greetings?”

Lin Feiran quickly nodded. “I’m done.”

Gu Kaifeng’s eyes swept over the sink and he grabbed Lin Feiran’s cup that had floated to the corner. He washed the cup carefully under the faucet before handing it to Lin Feiran who had toothpaste foam leaking from the corners of his lips. “Go rinse your mouth,” he commanded.

Lin Feiran felt apprehensive about using the cup that had been tainted by the water ghost so when he returned to his spot at the sink, he dropped the cup into his washbasin and used his hands to scoop water to rinse his mouth instead. As he gargled, he remembered an important detail that he saw while his Yin Yang eyes were active.

The last three times that Lin Feiran’s Yin Yang eyes were active, he was so scared that he would go touch Gu Kaifeng immediately. He was basically mad from fear, so there was a subtle detail he had continuously overlooked. He realized just now: when his Yin Yang eyes were activated, not only could Lin Feiran see ghosts, but he could also see the aura that living humans emit.

The auras weren’t very pronounced; they looked like silhouettes traced by a glowing pen, only emitting a fine light around each person’s body. Some were brighter and some dimmer, some were whitish and some greenish, but the aura on Gu Kaifeng’s body was a light gold. When Gu Kaifeng walked over, Lin Feiran could see clearly that the four female ghosts around him were giving off smoke from their eight ghostly hands that were stroking Gu Kaifeng’s body: the skin on their hands looked as though it was being corroded by acid, exposing the dark red muscle beneath. Despite this, the ghost girls didn’t seem to be in any pain…

Still, who knew if it was because there truly was no pain, or if the pain was worth it so long as they could touch their Adonis!

As for Lin Feiran, when he was touching the seven male students just now, he had observed his own hand and arm. A dark grey aura coiled around him, just like the toxic fumes that billow out from chemical plants… Yet, the moment Gu Kaifeng grabbed his wrist, Lin Feiran felt as if a warm current had flowed into his body, suppressing the chill that made him see ghosts. This feeling wasn’t very obvious, so had Lin Feiran not been constantly paying attention to the little changes in his body he wouldn’t have noticed it.

The feeling was like Yang energy ah. Yang energy must have a negative effect on ghosts. Some people must also have stronger Yang energy while others have weaker Yang energy, Lin Feiran guessed as he spat out the water in his mouth and wiped his face with a towel. He couldn’t help but think to himself, What a pain in the ass.

I was wondering why I am emitting a black aura… No wonder I’m seeing ghosts. Damn it, my Yang energy must be critically low…

After he finished rinsing his mouth, Lin Feiran looked to the water room’s door and saw that Gu Kaifeng was leaning on the door frame, waiting. With one hand in his pocket and the other holding his washbasin, his black eyes were calmly following Lin Feiran. It looked specifically like he was waiting for him.

“I’m done washing.” Lin Feiran walked over and awkwardly asked, “Let’s go to the canteen?”

Just two days ago these two were obviously archnemeses, as incompatible as fire and water ah! The bitter Lin Feiran one-sidedly thought, Don’t tell me that starting from today I’ll really have to be attached at the hip with this guy!?