Chapter Ch77 - [Extra: The Pianist]

Chapter Ch77 - [Extra: The Pianist] Then this young master will cry for you, and make a fuss for you, and hang myself for you to see.

The basement was quiet for a moment, so quiet that time seemed to stand still. Ji Xuan first eyed Lin Feiran for a little while, then moved his dead eyes slightly so that his gaze landed on Gu Kaifeng. He wordlessly looked them over from head to toe, then with his stern, marble-like expression, he turned his head back.

His neck was very flexible…

Seeing the ghost had no intention of violence, Lin Feiran seemed almost a little disappointed. He lowered the hand holding the glutinous rice and said to Gu Kaifeng, “He looks like he won’t hurt anyone.”

Gu Kaifeng agreed. “He looked at us for so long. He was probably trying to recognize us.”

Lin Feiran was confident now and called out, “Ji Xuan? Can you understand me?”

Ji Xuan neither looked back nor replied, but he now pressed the piano keys harder, like he did not want to listen to Lin Feiran. Seeing the piano in front of Ji Xuan, Lin Feiran realized that he really could move the keys. To an ordinary person without the Yin-Yang eyes, this would seem like the piano was moving of its own accord. No wonder the Ji Mansion had been rumored to be a haunted house. This was not a false rumor at all.

Lin Feiran called out again several times but Ji Xuan still ignored him, concentrating only on haltingly practicing the song. His red-clothed silhouette seemed to give off an air of stubbornness.

This young master Ji’s regrets… could they have to do with this song? Lin Feiran guessed this was the case as he held Gu Kaifeng’s hand and plucked up the courage to walk toward Ji Xuan, sticking his head out to look at the sheet music on the stand.

It was a handwritten score. It was quite old; the paper looked water-stained and wrinkled, a fragile yellow colour showing at the edges. It looked as if it would disintegrate at a touch. At the top of the sheet music were written five beautiful characters in fountain pen: A Song for Ji Xuan.

The fountain-pen ink had also faded with the passage of time.

“This is…’ Lin Feiran was stunned. “This is a song the pianist composed for him?”

“No wonder.” An expression of sympathy appeared on Gu Kaifeng’s face as he watched Ji Xuan clumsily play the piano. “He doesn’t seem like a bastard. Was he forced into the marriage by his family? Did he kill himself?”

That would be too tragic&#k2026; Lin Feiran felt his heart hurt, then he studied the sheet music in front of Ji Xuan. It seemed quite straightforward to play, so he hesitated for a moment then said carefully to Ji Xuan, “I can play this piece. Shall I&#k2026; play it for you?”

These words successfully got through to Ji Xuan. He turned his head, again without moving his body, and his dead stare met Lin Feiran’s. Several seconds later he said slowly, as if giving a command, “Play it for me.”

He must have been the perfect picture of a tyrannical young master!

Gu Kaifeng: “……”

Forget it. He wouldn’t quibble with a dead man.

Lin Feiran asked politely, “Will you let me sit down?”

Ji Xuan stiffly rose from the piano stool and stood to the side. As he got up, Lin Feiran saw that his neck bore a long and deep knife cut, the opening of the wound revealing the black and rotting blood and flesh within. It seemed that he had cut his own throat and died. Lin Feiran’s heart skipped a beat and he hurriedly lowered his eyes. The piano stool Ji Xuan had sat on was stained with darkening blood, and both the blood on Ji Xuan himself and the blood he had shed on other things looked extremely real due to his powerful negative energy. Lin Feiran sat awkwardly on the stool Ji Xuan had sat on, worrying that when he stood up, the seat of his pants would be stained with blood.