Chapter Ch76 - [Extra: The Pianist]

Chapter Ch76 - [Extra: The Pianist] Glutinous rice bullets!

On Sunday morning, as planned, Lin Feiran and Gu Kaifeng went to the Ji Mansion.

The Ji Mansion was an old-style bungalow on Binghe Road. The bright red and gray brick had been weathered by years of wind and rain, becoming spotted and faded. The decorative flowers carved along the porch and the windowsills were no longer blooming, and the shade-loving plants growing in the shadows of the house, shielded from the sun, had become monsters secretly consuming it. The tall steel doors of the garden gate hung crookedly, and could not keep people out. The whole bungalow was bathed in sunlight, but it still seemed to give off a dark and chilly air. Between the bricks, dark energy seemed to be seeping out. But when one focused and looked closely, there seemed to be nothing at all.

Both of them had their Yin-Yang eyes open. Lin Feiran tugged at Gu Kaifeng and asked, “Do you feel that the whole house is giving off Yin energy?”

“I feel it. You aren’t wrong,” Gu Kaifeng said with certainty.

Since it had become famous in the city as a haunted place, there was surely something going on. Lin Feiran stood at the entrance to the garden and took out a full plastic bag.

He came prepared!

Gu Kaifeng glanced over. “Rice?”

“Glutinous rice.” Lin Feiran opened the bag and took a small handful of rice. “It’s written in my grandfather’s notebook. Glutinous rice has some cleansing properties towards negative energy. We can repel evil spirits with it. Although the effect can’t be compared to a real exorcism, it’s convenient. If we meet a powerful ghost, we can throw it and block the ghost.” As he spoke, Lin Feiran held the bag out to Gu Kaifeng. “You can take a handful too, in case the ghosts inside are unfriendly and you need to defend yourself.”

“I’ll just throw this.” Gu Kaifeng flexed his arm and showed off his muscles. “I’ll use physical retaliation.”

According to Lin Feiran’s grandfather’s book, genuinely formidable ghosts had powerful energy, and could exert some small influence on the physical world. This is why ghosts with very deep hatred could hurt ordinary people without the Yin-Yang Eyes.

“All right.” Lin Feiran very casually put his own bag onto Gu Kaifeng’s shoulder.

Young Master Lin’s little page!

Gu Kaifeng glanced at Lin Feiran, who was holding a handful of glutinous rice in one hand and the bag of glutinous rice in the other, his expression severe. After a moment, a thought seemed to cross his mind and he suddenly guffawed, his laugh getting louder. Even his shoulders were shaking.

Lin Feiran narrowed his eyes at Gu Kaifeng. “Hey.”

Gu Kaifeng laughed even more uproariously.

“What are you laughing at?” Lin Feiran went slightly red. Both of his hands were occupied so he plunged headfirst into Gu Kaifeng’s arms, using his head to nudge Gu Kaifeng’s chest twice to show his dissatisfaction.

“I’m laughing at you.” Gu Kaifeng took a deep breath to calm down, his lips curving up joyously. “Using glutinous rice as a weapon. You’re really a little sticky cake.”

The raw material for sticky cakes was glutinous rice, so this was very appropriate.

Lin Feiran: “… What nonsense.”

Gu Kaifeng’s heart was softened by the sweetness of his fantasies. He held Lin Feiran’s face and kissed him several times, but was still dissatisfied. His gaze was pervertedly heated as he said, “Say, ‘I’m a little sticky cake.’”