Chapter Ch68 - [Extra: The Drama Queen]

Chapter Ch68 - [Extra: The Drama Queen] I’m the pure sort and I don’t want to smell so tempting.

Patreon bonus chapter

Gu Kaifeng spoke in such a blindly worshipful manner it was clear he was exaggerating. Lin Feiran sternly quelled Gu Kaifeng’s exaggerations. He told the drama queen: “As long as it’s within my abilities, I’ll try to help.”

He was no Holy Father, but these ghosts and spirits did not have physical bodies, and were often bound by their obsessions and unable to act freely. If they were unlucky, they could go decades or centuries without finding someone who could see them. If they really had an important wish but had no way of fulfilling it— Lin Feiran found them quite pitiful. So, as long as it was not too difficult a task, Lin Feiran was happy to lend them a hand.

“My wish…” The drama queen placed a slender, pale finger on her lips, her eyes flashing. She said, “My original form is a costume. Please, get my original form and wash it clean, mend the frayed places, then let me comfortably dry in the sun.”

“Eh…” Lin Feiran had not thought that the drama queen’s wishes would be this simple and down-to-earth. He froze for a second, then immediately agreed. “Sure, no problem.”

The drama queen complained: “My original form was placed at the very bottom of the prop box in the backstage storage room. It’s been stuck under other old and torn clothes for many years. Day in and day out, I never see the sun, and I’m just waiting to grow mold.”

Moldy in the literal sense, not the metaphorical!

“The prop room key.” Gu Kaifeng thought hard. “It should be with the gym teacher. I’ll ask him and maybe he will lend it to me.”

“Good, good. Get me out, quickly.” The drama queen clapped her hands happily.

Lin Feiran asked curiously, “If you were Mr. Shen Fengsheng’s most beloved costume, why are you in our school’s prop room?”

Lin Feiran remembered that several years ago, when he went to A City on vacation with his parents, he had seen an entry for Shen Fengsheng’s old house in the travel guide. But none of them were very into Peking opera, and besides, A City was a tourist destination with many interesting places to visit, so they didn’t go there. Considering what a celebrated performer Shen Fengsheng was, the things he used should have been properly preserved and cared for.

“I was stolen after my master passed away.” The drama queen lifted one eyebrow and said in a huff, “I passed through the hands of many buyers. In the end, the rich man who bought me was bankrupted, and I was picked up along with a lot of other clothes. A few years ago, I landed in a secondhand market and was bought by someone at your school for 50 yuan. 50 yuan! Damn it, I’m angry. I do such good work, do I look like I’m only worth fifty bucks?!”

Lin Feiran was incensed alongside the drama queen. “Exactly, exactly! Fifty bucks is really too…”

The drama queen said, full of anger, “At least add another fifty! This lot of idiots, do none of them realize what things are worth?”

Lin Feiran: “……”

Lin Feiran consoled her awkwardly. “Don’t be angry. They have no taste.”

Lin Feiran was good at talking to his elders, but he wasn’t very good at cajoling girls.

After all, he was usually the one being cajoled!

Just then, a smattering of applause sounded from the hall. The student representative speeches had probably ended. Gu Kaifeng glanced down at his watch and said, “It’s about time, baby, we should go back.”