Chapter Ch74 - [Extra: The Pianist]

Chapter Ch74 - [Extra: The Pianist] His boyfriend was dredging up old receipts again!

As summer arrived, the weather gradually grew warmer.

During the long period for evening self-study, Lin Feiran and Gu Kaifeng stood on the roof of the math building and watched the sunset. The floor of the balcony still radiated heat from being baked in the sun during the day, but the night air had already cooled it some. Lin Feiran happily drank a smoothie as he tilted his head and relaxed on Gu Kaifeng’s shoulder. At the beginning of May, they had changed into summer school uniforms, a comfortable white short-sleeved shirt with a dark tie and long pants. Their exposed forearms pressed against each other, softly radiating heat.

Several birds flew by the building and the noisy chirping made the rooftop seem even more quiet. A gust of air blew by and the ties at their necks lifted at an angle.

“I want to drink yours.” Lin Feiran pushed his half-finished smoothie into Gu Kaifeng’s hands, then took Gu Kaifeng’s iced coffee from his hands and put his lips to the straw.

The good thing about dating was being able to try two sets of food when eating together!

This was half a month after solving the issue of the costume spirit. Two days ago, the mid-term exam results had been released. Lin Feiran and Gu Kaifeng’s class positions had improved a little since last year. During the start-of-the-year placement tests, the monthly exams and the midterms, their class positions were close to each other. Sometimes Lin Feiran was several places higher, and sometimes Gu Kaifeng was several places higher, but they were always close together. In Wang Zhuo’s words, “just looking at the class placement list one can tell there’s a gay affair going on.” Lin Feiran knew that he had done quite well and had improved from last time, so he had relaxed over the last two days, and had free time to think about other things again.

“Kaifeng.” Lin Feiran half-squinted as he watched the sunset in the distance. A thought occurred to him, and like a lazy cat, he rubbed his face against Gu Kaifeng’s shoulder and asked, “Did you make a copy of the prop room key?”

“I did. What about it?” Gu Kaifeng turned his hand and produced a ring of keys. On it was the bedroom key, the house key, and the prop room key.

Lin Feiran bit his straw and straightened up. “Shall we go take a look after school tonight? The piano in the corner of the prop room has a ghost. Have you seen him?”

Gu Kaifeng waved the smoothie in his hand. “I’ve seen him. He looks quite pitiful.”

Lin Feiran nodded with some lingering fear. “I saw him last semester at the arts festival while playing the piano, but he was too terrifying, so I haven’t dared to talk to him… We’re done with our midterms, aren’t we? I want to go see him.”

Those ruined hands and the red-stained piano keyboard had given Lin Feiran a huge shock. Besides, he liked to play the piano, so compared to other ghosts, he was more personally sympathetic to the terrible condition of the piano ghost. But before this, he had to settle the matter of the costume spirit and the weight of schoolwork, so he had not had the energy, but he had always remembered this matter.

“You saw him at the arts festival last semester?” Gu Kaifeng remembered the scene from that time and asked slowly, “You saw him when you were playing the piano on stage?”

“Yeah.” Lin Feiran recalled how terrified he had been then and wanted to laugh. “I saw him during the last minute of my recital. I was so scared, my legs went weak…”

Gu Kaifeng coolly cut him off. “No wonder the moment you stepped off stage you rushed over to hug me.”

Lin Feiran: “&#k2026;&#k2026;”