Chapter Ch36 - I'm flirting with my husband!

The sun had already set and the last ray of sunshine had fallen below the horizon. All around, the landscape had become dark. The halo from the street lamps and the energy-saving lights on snack stalls across from the school did nothing to dispel his fear.

The night made the presence of death stronger. Dusk blurred the features of pedestrians, making them nebulous and indistinct, and in such a sinister atmosphere, even living people with weak Yang energy looked somewhat like ghosts.

Lin Feiran piled the three plastic bags at his feet, squatted, and hugged his knees. He was so terrified that he looked like a little mushroom. He asked Gu Kaifeng urgently, “What are you doing? Are you busy?”

“No, I’m washing something and will be done soon.” The sound of water running from a faucet could be heard from the other side. “Baby, is there something wrong?”

Lin Feiran pursed his lips and looked between the iron rails of the school gate. Ghosts become active after sunset and he could see that the path from the gate to the dormitory was filled with ghosts. A group of ghosts with a rather large zone for movement flocked to the school gate, floating in and out from both the iron rails and the entrance in an unending stream.

After the sun went down, the frivolous ghosts came out to play!

Spending a long time in the graveyard every day made the ghosts foolish, so they spent the night having their fun. How leisurely.

Lin Feiran did not want to ask for a favor from Gu Kaifeng, so he braced himself and thought about rushing in. He stood up in a flash but when he saw the dense sea of ghosts, he hesitated for a moment and lost his courage. He squatted back down like a mushroom and pleaded in a panic, “Can you come pick me up at the school gate?”

Gu Kaifeng turned off the faucet after hearing this, leaving his half-washed things to soak in the basin. He wiped his wet right hand on his pants and asked while exiting the dormitory, “What’s wrong?”

Lin Feiran felt so helpless he wanted to cry, but he could only say, “Nothing’s wrong, can you just come and pick me up? Tomorrow I’ll treat you to milk tea.”

By this time, Gu Kaifeng had already made his way out of the building. His expensive sneakers barely made a sound when he leaped down the three steps out front. Gu Kaifeng ran towards the school gate, all the while taking pains to control his breathing as he asked, “There’s nothing wrong but you want me to pick you up? Are you flirting with your husband?”

Lin Feiran was brushed again by a careless passing ghost. The chill made him quiver. Full of resentment, he said, “I’m not!”

Gu Kaifeng took big strides towards the school gate. He pretended to be unhappy and said, “Oh, then I’m not going.”

Even though the sounds of him running and panting were rather well suppressed, if one were to listen carefully, they could still be heard. The problem was that Lin Feiran was terrified and cold, shivering from the ghosts that were continuously brushing past him; he could not listen intently to Gu Kaifeng.

Gu Kaifeng said in an indifferent tone, “Get back on your own. See you later.”

Lin Feiran felt wronged to death, but there was nothing he could do to Gu Kaifeng. He could only force himself to calm down and hastily take a gamble. “Yes yes yes, I’m flirting with you.”

Gu Kaifeng, who had already arrived at the school gate, said, “You didn’t say who you’re flirting with.”

Lin Feiran sniffled. He really did not want to make his way back to the dormitory alone. Bracing himself and wearing the face of one who is ready to die a martyr, he bravely roared, “I’m flirting with my husband! Was that ok? Are you satisfied? And you still haven’t picked me up yet!”