Chapter Ch18 - You come over here for me!

After absorbing some Yang energy, Lin Feiran walked to the bathroom door and hesitated for a moment. He still didn’t feel like going out; even though he couldn’t see or hear the ghosts, he only needed to think about them to know that this group of Gu family’s ancestors was certainly discussing him. Instead, Lin Feiran turned away from the door and sat on the toilet with a troubled expression.

This broken power to see ghosts was really unwanted. Next week, no matter what, he needed to go back to his old house and investigate. But how would he bring Gu Kaifeng over…

Lin Feiran sighed slowly as he thought, sounding like a little old man.

“What are you doing?” At this time, Gu Kaifeng suddenly flung aside the shower curtain and looked at Lin Feiran who was sitting on the toilet wearing a stunned and cute expression. He teased, “Waiting for me to get out of the shower?”

“No, I just…” Lin Feiran couldn’t think of a good excuse and stammered, making it so he had no option but to turn away and leave. Bracing himself, he opened the door and went out.

The hallway outside the bathroom was silent. Lin Feiran stood at the bathroom door with a troubled expression. Although he felt awkward about going in again, one step closer to his talisman was one step closer. Another few minutes passed and the sound of water from the shower stopped, followed closely by the swoosh of the shower curtain being pulled aside. The sound of Gu Kaifeng’s slipper-shod footsteps drew closer, then halted. He was probably drying himself off and putting on clothes.

Gu Kaifeng was done showering, but this was not comforting to Lin Feiran because that tendril of Yin energy had grown tired of waiting and was starting to rise from the soles of his feet. As soon as Lin Feiran’s Yin-Yang eyes were activated again, three heavily-lined old faces sprang up in front of him. The nearest was only several centimeters away from Lin Feiran. At the same time, he could hear an old voice complaining, “These eyes of mine really can’t see. Even this close, they can’t see clearly…”

They seemed to be trying to see what Lin Feiran looked like!

“Ah…” Lin Feiran was mentally prepared, but he still couldn’t take this sudden close contact. He swiftly clapped a hand over his mouth and blocked the scream that was caught in his throat. He was about to rush back into the bathroom but found that one of the old ghosts was standing right at the door. To go into the bathroom, he would need to pass through the old ghost’s body. Remembering how terrible it felt Yin energy had frozen all his joints until they curled up, Lin Feiran was defeated by his terror. He turned his head and ran in the opposite direction. All he could think about was how to put more distance between him and these ghost ancestors.

The white-faced Lin Feiran had only ran several steps when he saw a golden head suddenly pop out from around the corner. It was the Yorkie carrying a dog toy in his mouth. Bright Yang energy enveloped his body like molten gold. Its strength looked no less than that of Gu Kaifeng’s!

Damn, this dog has very strong Yang energy! Lin Feiran’s expression was so agitated he seemed ready to swallow the Yorkie in one mouthful. He shot forward like an arrow and bent over to scoop up the terrified Xia Xia who looked like he was about to turn tail and run. Lin Feiran took the dog into his arms and hugged him tightly!

Immediately after he touched Xia Xia, the chilly feeling in Lin Feiran’s body vanished. He hurriedly looked back and found that the ghost ancestors in the hallway had also disappeared.

“Uu–woof!” Xia Xia’s beady black eyes were opened round and wide, and even his bow had gone crooked from shock. He barked as he tried to get free of Lin Feiran’s arms.

“Don’t be scared, don’t be scared. Good boy, I don’t eat dogs&#k2026;” Lin Feiran realized that his manner just now was quite frightening. He quickly relaxed the strength in his arms and used one arm to support the very terrified Xia Xia and the other caress Xia Xia’s small head comfortingly.