Chapter Ch80 - [Extra: The Pianist]

Chapter Ch80 - [Extra: The Pianist] First bow to the heaven and earth.

The two of them waited outside the prop room. Gu Kaifeng stuck his hands in his pockets and leaned against the window, his expression thoughtful. Light shone in through the window, casting half his face in shadows, giving him a suave air different from his usual demeanor.

A few steps away, Lin Feiran looked at him, then scooched over and leaned against him. “What are you thinking about?”

Gu Kaifeng pulled Lin Feiran close to him and put his nose to Lin Feiran’s snow-white shirt collar. He breathed deeply, then whispered, “I just remembered that day at your house, when I knelt in front of the piano and cut your nails.”

It suddenly struck Lin Feiran that Ji Xuan had also gone down on one knee to kiss He Jingyun’s fingers just now. The two scenes were indeed somewhat similar.

“In previous lifetimes,” Lin Feiran suddenly looked down and said, “were we this pitiful, too?”

“We couldn’t have been.” Gu Kaifeng pinched Lin Feiran’s cheeks and said half-jokingly, “If I were locked, I’d find a way to see you if I had to bite my way out.” Seeing that Lin Feiran was tickled, Gu Kaifeng opened his mouth and gnashed his teeth together fiercely, to show that his jaws were very strong. He was still as Gu Kai-crazy as ever!

“When I remember that we couldn’t be together in our previous lifetimes, I feel that I have to treasure you even more now. I have to stick to you as much as I can.” Even though it was hot out, Lin Feiran wrapped his arms around Gu Kaifeng’s upper body like a koala, using his Little Sticky Cake Technique to its fullest extent to stick to Gu Kaifeng with his whole body. He whispered, “Don’t move. Let me hug you a while.”

“Can’t. I have to move,” Gu Kaifeng said with a smile. He pressed his long legs forward against Lin Feiran’s, taking hold of Lin Feiran’s waist with one hand and catching Lin Feiran’s chin with the other, pulling him into a kiss. Overcome by passion, he bit Lin Feiran’s lips lightly and the two of them were in such close contact they seemed to melt together.

Right then, Lin Feiran heard a light cough from behind him. He turned and saw that Ji Xuan and He Jingyun were standing behind them, hand in hand, as if they had something to say.

They had been apart for decades and yet were not as sticky as these two who saw each other every day.

Lin Feiran’s face went red and he deeply felt that he should do some self-reflection!

He Jingyun’s smile was as warm as a passing spring wind. After their resentments had been dispelled, these two ghosts turned out to be quite good-looking, especially He Jingyun. Although his features were not as fine as Ji Xuan’s, they were well-proportioned and he seemed to get more good-looking the more one looked. Moreover, he carried himself well and drew the eye, seeming to get more handsome and elegant the more one looked at him, leaving them even more unable to look away.

“We came to say thank you.” He Jingyun started speaking, his gentle voice inexplicably making one think of warm water flowing over a porcelain container. “Although I was not acquainted with the two of you, you did your utmost and travelled so far to solve our predicament… we will always remember your kindness. If, in the future, you need our help with anything…” He Jingyun awkwardly paused. Even he thought it funny.

After all, they had both become ghosts. They wouldn’t be able to repay Lin Feiran and Gu Kaifeng anything.

“It’s fine, it’s fine!” Seeing He Jingyun’s awkwardness, Lin Feiran waved a hand in dismissal and cut He Jingyun off. “As long as the two of you have made up, that’s enough. Everything else doesn’t matter.”