Chapter Ch44 - These words were a giant flag!

The next morning.

After eating breakfast, the two exited through the cafeteria’s front door and headed towards the school building.

Both sides of the path were lined with neatly-trimmed bushes. Students walked to the school building in groups of twos and threes, a hint of frost on the cold early morning winter wind… Everything was the same as always, but after last night, it also felt as if everything had changed.

Lin Feiran walked shoulder-to-shoulder with Gu Kaifeng, his hands tucked in his uniform’s pockets, his eyes drifting from time to time to the handsome, straight-backed figure on his left. They were walking too close together and occasionally would brush against each other, and whenever this happened the chilly wind that swept fiercely past Lin Feiran’s neck seemed to become warm.

The affirmation of their relationship last night had really been outside of Lin Feiran’s expectations. He had already become conscious of his feelings for Gu Kaifeng, but he had not anticipated he would enter into a relationship with him so quickly. The feeling of having a boyfriend was too foreign and made his heart pound.

Lin Feiran had not slept well at all; he kept tossing and turning as he mulled things over. In one moment, he would be torturing himself by questioning hundreds of thousands of times how he could enter a gay relationship with his dormmate without any psychological burden. In the next, he would be repeatedly reliving his sweet memories of the evening, feeling as though flowers were blossoming and filling his heart.

In the second half of the night, though Lin Feiran was incredibly tired, every time he was on the verge of falling asleep he would be jolted awake by the thought that “starting from today, Gu Kaifeng is my boyfriend”. He could tell that Gu Kaifeng did not sleep well either, but when they got up the next morning they were both in glowing spirits, and when their eyes met it was as if they were both brimming with electricity.

How did I not notice before that Gu Kaifeng is so handsome? Only three seconds after Lin Feiran averted his gaze, he could not resist the temptation to secretly look over from the corner of his eye.

“Baby, are you looking at me?” Gu Kaifeng turned his head, his gaze sweeping over Lin Feiran’s face both tenderly and suggestively. Though he asked, he already knew the answer.

Since waking up this morning, Lin Feiran had been stealing glances at Gu Kaifeng in what he thought was a surreptitious manner. His cautious yet primed manner was like that of a little hamster who wanted to catch a big cat.

“No…” Lin Feiran initially denied it reflexively, but afterwards realized it was wrong to have done so. They were now officially dating, out in the open, and there was nothing embarrassing about having looked twice. So with his head high and chest out, he took a deep breath and said, “Yes, I was looking at you! I was looking at my boyfriend. So what?”

As Lin Feiran finished, he shivered at his own sappiness!

Gu Kaifeng had been viciously teased while his guard was down, and his heart beat wildly. “Nothing. Is your boyfriend good-looking?”

“Silly, of course he’s good-looking.” Lin Feiran’s little tail quirked as he said proudly, “Look whose boyfriend he is.”

A burst of fire rose in Gu Kaifeng’s heart, but on the busy path he could do nothing but forcibly tamp down the impulse to push Lin Feiran into a corner and kiss him fervently. He stretched out his hand and twisted Lin Feiran’s earlobe.

Lin Feiran, who had a domineering air just a moment ago, now shrank back as if he had finished displaying a great skill. He held onto his earlobe and jumped back three steps, shy as a little mushroom. The moment Gu Kaifeng approached him, he shied away, and the more he avoided him the more Gu Kaifeng could not help but tease him. In the end, one of them ran while the other one chased.